When You "Don't Matter"
I'm sure many of you've had a bad game. That's the type of game where you can't seem to get open, you can't seem to catch a pass. and you feel like you really don't matter on the field. We have all felt that way at one time or another. I have too! Sometimes you may not feel like you've got much value in life either.
Today you can take encouragement from God's word. You may be encouraged because while you may feel that you don't matter - You certainly matter to God in every way. With that in mind, here are some verses of scripture that demonstrate God's presence in your life and his love for you.
- Psalm 139:7-9 says that God is with you and will take care of you wherever you are:
"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."
- Psalm 139-1:4 says that God knows of your struggles, and even knows what you're thinking right now:
"LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD."
- Further, Psalm 139:13-14 tells us that God even knew you while he made you.
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
- In Luke 12:6-7, Jesus explains that God doesn't forget even the smallest animals. And because you are certainly worth more to Him than little sparrows. you he won't forget about you either. Your life matters to God.
"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.
Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."
- Psalm 34:18 promises us that even when you are feeling your worst, that's when God is closest to you.
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. "
If your heart is broken, you can be sure that it is God is drawing close to you. Remember that no matter how well or poorly you play on the field today.. you will always matter to God.
Look to Him for comfort both today and this week.