Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Budget Question

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Budget Question Reply with quote

Fairly soon in the community project, we will reach the point where budget must be defined. So, does anyone know how much a large restauraunt would genrally cost to build? What percentage of that goes into the building, and how much goes into other areas? Also, does anyone know a comprehensive site with the aproximate costs of various theming elements.

I realize all these questions are rather broad, but I badly need somewhere to start.

TheWithin
(12/1/05 6:40 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Building
I have done a fare share of building new and pre exsisting. I can tell you prety close to exact costs for my area, but not everyone here is from my area, the country wide price is on average 100 dollars a square foot for office space country wide. This dose not include food equipment! Just an empty building. I think we ought to plan a 10 to 15,000 sq ft space.

Meloncov
(12/1/05 6:55 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Building Yeah, I suppose we'll have to decide the location for the budget to mean anything, though I think getting too detailed with the budgeting would be more trouble then its worth. It just has to be tight enough to allow ourselves to push down the urge to include the flying cars;)

Now, I'm finding that my knowledge of geography is lacking enough depth to make an intellegent decision about this. Someone else, decide were we are. As a nod to realism, just put something out, rather than disscussing it.

TheWithin
(12/2/05 12:08 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post area I realy don't think that the area is too important, but to make things realistic I think we should just start with the base price of 100 per foot for the building and budget the themeing seperatly. This will allow us to continue on with the fun stuff and still ground us in realisim.

TheWithin
(12/6/05 12:50 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Area My vote would be for Greeley Colorado, but that wouldn't be fare to everyone. If I was to build a entertainment venue not in Greeley, I would vote for Texas.

I would also like to propse a 10,000 sq ft building and a budget of 1.2 million on a new construction. I would also like to propose that the land is already paid for and not counted in the budget. I think these numbers seem prety realistic and still give us parameters to work with. It might also be fun to work with more extreem conditions like, limited land or limited money sometime in the future.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: