Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Finding Nemo at Animal Kingdom

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Theme Park Attraction Review - Be the first to review a new (or classic) theme park ride
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holly
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Finding Nemo at Animal Kingdom Reply with quote

Has anyone seen the new "Finding Nemo" show at Animal Kingdom? I haven't seen it yet, and I don't know anyone who has!
Nate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen it yet, but my friend Delena (manager at Disney reservations) loves it! I'd love to hear some other people's opinions as well.
just-inverted

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds very intresting. I have heard people say it is cool. My friend Jacob goes to Disney World every year! I asked him to see it for me!
MartinJ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be down there for Christmas week. And, I'm pretty sure that I can convince the fiancÚ (she's also in DRC) to see it. I'll let you all know when I can get to the interweb afterwards.
MartinJ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried. We happened to pick the wrong order for visiting the parks. In my defense, I didn't know the order of the blackout dates. Maybe I can convince her to go there on her day off one of these weeks. I just have to make sure she stays away from the Cast Connection. We'll have a whole house full of stuff that needs repairing or painting.
steamboatwillie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Finding Nemo? More like finding boredom Reply with quote

I saw it. Ummm...I'm not sure if I should be flagrantly blunt or subtle, ah well, I'll just go with the former. FINDING NEMO the musical is the result of Julie Taymour's amazing art and stage direction commercialized, trimmed and trickled down into yet another title adaptation to a rushed stage "spectacular" that is anything but spectacular. FYI: Julie Taymour was the brains behind the original Broadway masterpiece of THE LION KING, she also directed films such as TITUS, FRIDA and most recently, ACROSS THE UNIVERSE. The techniques used in TLK were adapted over to FINDING NEMO and it just felt like a cheap, rushed rendition made to get people in and out of space that could be better off used for another RIDE at ANIMAL KINGDOM.

Harsh? Maybe. But Disney can do better. The adaptations have got to come to an end. When is DISNEY going to realize they are not in the business of adapting movies. I know it's a cash-cow and a franchise is a franchise for a reason. But come on...we all expect more, don't we?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Theme Park Attraction Review - Be the first to review a new (or classic) theme park ride All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: