Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

DisneyQuest

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancinBelle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: DisneyQuest Reply with quote

I'm going to spend a morning in DisneyQuest, has anyone been there? I can't wait to try CyberSpace Mountain. You design a roller coaster (with help from Bill Nye the Science Guy) and ride in a simulator capable of full 360 inversions. It looks very neat. I can't wait, the trip is in less than 2 weeks!!
steamboatwillie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds awesome!! That was one of my biggest regrets when I recently visited Orlando -- not making it inside DisneyQuest. Please keep us all posted. Any chance of pictures?
icandrawem2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh if you think that is cool, wait til you see some of the other fun games they have there...One of my favorites is the Pirates of the Caribbean game, where you stand on a "ship" and fire cannonballs at the ghosts. Theres also a game where youre inside a small tank and you get to shoot stuff (always fun), and then they have a human pinball style game (very strenuous if youre competitive!) But have fun its a blast.
wokcreative

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="steamboatwillie"]That sounds awesome!! That was one of my biggest regrets when I recently visited Orlando -- not making it inside DisneyQuest. Please keep us all posted. Any chance of pictures?[/quote]

my biggest regret, too. wish I would have gone over there

it seems like a great place for the newest technology - even more than Innoventions?
Loric

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DQ really hasn't been updated in years. I wouldn't say it's a showcase of new technology. Perhaps when it first opened.

The Pirates game there is looking like it was the prototype for Toy Story Mania which will open soon at the Studios and California Adventure. The game-gun mechanism between the two is very similar and both use 3D projection that you interact with. Essentially it seems Pirates at DQ was a stationary version of the upcoming ride.
icandrawem2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard those blizzards at DQ are pretty good too....oh, my bad, wrong DQ... Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: