Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

The Rumor Mill

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steamboatwillie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: The Rumor Mill Reply with quote

I was perusing about other forums this weekend and I guess based on my recent visit to Animal Kingdom was curious if anything was in the works for DAK. It seems talk of Beastly Kingdom is back on the table (maybe)... and there's quite a bit of talk about a revamp of Paradise Island in the vain of Discovery Cove, for a night-time, adult-oriented, spiked guest fee, limited capacity attraction aptly named NIGHT KINGDOM.

This is all news to me and I was curious what you folks in Florida have heard about these rumors, if anything. In reading all about the proposed phases for Animal Kingdom and what Joe Rhode had originally envisioned sounded absolutely amazing. Supposed reasons why such E-Ticket attractions were never built, were the lackluster ticket sales at Universal's IOA -- meaning, competition wasn't as "bad" as the mousehouse thought it might be. Nate or Holly, care to comment?

As for news in the Universal camp, I know this is a tight-lipped business, but I was wondering...or perhaps desperately hoping that Nate and/or Holly could share ANY kind of news on what types of attractions the Harry Potter-themed land will entail?
icandrawem2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just from what I have read online about WWHP, I know that there are plans for a kuka arm coaster that will be the flagship attraction (inside Hogwarts Castle)....There is to be some retheming of some of Lost Continent and some of the rides there as well (possibly including Dueling Dragons) Hogsmeade village will also be home to various restaurants/pubs and shopping, with such merchandise, food and beverage you might find in the books. Rumors are what they are though. But thats just from what Ive read...
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I can't and won't delve into rumors. Just facts and history.

We don't do rumors, leak information or anything like that because it would jeopardize future projects we could otherwise obtain, not to mention violate confidentiality. This site isn't about leaking information, it's about professional theme park design from the insider's perspective. That's what makes us unique.

Nate
Holly
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, steamboatwillie... I don't like to ask colleagues for details on their projects (as a matter of politeness and ethics) and I can't repeat anything I have heard in passing. Basically, until the press releases come out, a *lot* of things are hoopla and heresay. It's generally best to wait until the news comes out, and then you know exactly what it happening. It's like Christmas, and seeing that big 'ol present under the tree and waiting with anticipation to open it, right? Wink When you finally get to open it, it's gonna be good!
icandrawem2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steamboat, just for the record, all that I wrote is merely "heresay" and should be taken with a grain of salt. This forum is for discussing theming and design of attractions so its not really the place for me to be spreading gossip, even though we ALL like to know what the next big thing is gonna be! Holly's right, its like waiting on a Christmas present...a real big one.
steamboatwillie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries everyone. I appreciate all this site has to offer and being that it is probably the only site I know of to have direct access to actual industry creatives -- I had to at least throw the question out there, but I completely understand the reasons brought forth.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for that magical day when it's time to open the present Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: