Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Hi Nate

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chadlockwood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Hi Nate Reply with quote

Hi Nate. (seems a little redundant, buy hey...)

Congratulations on getting the new board up and running.

I look forward to spending yet more of my time here.

Cheers,
Chad
nate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Thanks Chad -

Yeah, that board was long overdue. That EZboard really hurt us: killed the community with all those stinking ads and then they lost much of our posts from data before 2004. We'll recover, but they were a huge mistake.

Anyway, glad you're here! Smile Onward and upward.

Nate
Holly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Yay! Reply with quote

Nate, Thanks for getting things up and going! Everything is looking good so far... Very Happy
nate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Holly! What have you been up to lately? Are you still at UCF?
Holly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Hi Nate Reply with quote

Hi Nate, I'm still working on my grad degree at UCF, and I am also working in the industry at a local themed attraction design firm designing... stuff... I'd rather not name the firm online since it is small, and I like some small bit of anonymity online... Are you going to the next Eastern Division TEA Mixer (I'm not sure when it is) or to IAAPA in November? Maybe some of us old cronies on the board can find a date to meet up and get to know each other... I'd love the opportunity to meet people who work at companies outside of my own...

I hope everything is well with you over at Universal... Take care... TTYL
nate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon's Treehouse? My Design? Come on, spit it out girl!!

You know, I haven't been active in TEA really ever, except in a brief time in 2000 when I was ITEC or Richard Crane's rep....cant' remember which. In any case, I really need to make it a point to go to those things.
Holly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Well okay... Reply with quote

Scroll to the bottom... That is my company and what we do...

http://www.nickmarriottpress.com/facts/nickelodeon.php

Are you going to IAPAA? I think I get to go this year Very Happy
nate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you over at Universal? If so...let's do lunch sometime!
Holly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: sorry Reply with quote

No... we're not at Universal anymore... We moved downtown. Kindof unconventional I know, but we have a really nice space at the new place.
nate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's kindof deceptive since the building is still there and all. As for IAAPA... not sure. Last time I went I had fun but it sure is a lot of walking! I need to get back to the Future of Themed Entertainment seminar. That's the best of all...

Nate
Holly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Cool! Reply with quote

Oh... that's good to know... I went a time before for a day using my advisor's pass, but I only walked one of the exhibition floors (so many bounce houses!)... I didn't know about the seminars. I definitely want to look into that! It's always good to have someone who's been there say what's worthwhile and what should be skipped... There's always too much to see...
Holly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: blue pencil... Reply with quote

P.S. I read some of your new articles... I think you should also talk about tracing paper and vellum when you talk about blue pencils... The freelance designers that come through showed me how to refine a drawing with tracing paper and refining the lines with blue pencil (and finally graphite). It was amazing how it improved my drawings...
nate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With IAAPA, you can spend days and days looking at bounce houses. I always preferred to go talk to the design groups, so I'd bounce between them all. The seminars are great. They are where to be, and also the TEA mixer.

I agree with you about Vellum and trace paper. Since you suggested it, why don't you write something up and send it to me?

Nate
Holly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: bounce! Reply with quote

Yeah... I never really realized that bounce houses were such a huge industry! I like talking to the different design houses, and the displays of technology and new attraction hardware... I also have a silly fascination with playing the Chuck-E-Cheese type games and watching anything animatronic Razz

Sure I will write something Smile It might take me a bit to get it going... I just moved recently, and I am only halfway unburied, lol... but I will send something as soon as I can...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: