Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Busch Buyout

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icandrawem2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Busch Buyout Reply with quote

Some of you probably already know that InBev reached a deal today to purchase Anheuser-Busch. This as you may have guessed will have a definite impact on Busch Entertainment Corp. and all of their theme parks. According to the news reports, InBev has already announced that they dont have any interest in non-core assets and would most likely sell them in order to help pay for the buyout. Of these assets includes BEC. What do you all think about this and how might this affect the future of these great parks? It would certainly be in the best interests of the new owner to try and keep all the parks together and the management since they are doing so well right now, despite the economy. Does anyone know how this will affect the naming rights to the parks? Obviously since Busch wont own them anymore, will the names have to change and if so, how will that affect future business and marketing? They have certainly built a name for themselves over the life that they have had these parks, so it would be a shame to see them change in a negative way. But, life goes on i guess and change is the only constant these days. What do you all think?
lightguy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The terms of the buyout may well include the rights to use the phrase "Busch Gardens" and what I would guess will happen is a slow transitioning of the name to something other than Busch over a couple of years.

Something like the "Disney's Hollywood Studios" gradual renaming.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's bad news for Sea World. One of the reasons Sea World / Discovery Cove / Busch Gardens does so well is that Augie Busch and the senior management cares so much for their success. If the right investor came along the brand could do well, but if the wrong people were in charge... well, the company could be gutted and that would be a shame.

Nate
icandrawem2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey nate! you are still out there after all! We havent seen you around the boards in a while, guess you are swamped huh. Good to hear from you.
DancinBelle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom heard on the radio that they would keep Busch Gardens Europe (the one in Williamsburg), and then sell the rest. I'm planning on getting my pass and going to BGE next Saturday, I'll see if there are any immediate changes.
Holly
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad... Busch Gardens is almost a historic park. When I worked there, most tourists seemed to know it belonged to Busch beer company... and yes, Mr. Busch walked through the parks a lot. I haven't heard of any other major park where the execs visit so much. We all knew where he liked to eat lunch, what his quality standards were, etc. I concur with lightguy that any deal made will probably state that the Anheuser-Busch name, logos, etc. have to be phased out by a certain date. The sad thing will be that the company who has enough money to buy those parks will probably be one that doesn't know the theme park business... This isn't terrible -- Universal Studios franchise has gone through a lot of changes in ownership... But it's definitely a concern..
lightguy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plot thickens...

ďThat saidÖ I do have a very good rumor about who may really be set to take on the Busch parks. This rumor has leaked in from half a dozen sources with connections to Busch locations all around the country and actually would make the perfect fit. After all, who would be a better owner for the Busch Entertainment theme parks than the Busch family themselves.
Yes, you read that right. According to numerous sources the Busch family may have a silent agreement with InBev to buy the Busch parks. This makes sense since itís well known that the Busch family has a very strong attachment to their theme parks, which have now separated themselves from the St. Louis HQ to have their own offices in Orlando. By coincidence, August Busch III also has a large second home not too far from Orlando as well. What isnít known is if the Busch family will take on this plan alone or if they will try to seek out some investment partners. Either way, Iím hoping this rumor turns out to be true.Ē
--screamscape.com
icandrawem2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, sweet deal. I hope that works out for them, that way the parks wont really lose anything.
DancinBelle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Busch family also did a lot of specials for the military, like discounts and free tickets. That was straight from them. I hope they get to keep the parks, we know they'll treat them right.
DancinBelle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I had a blast. Nothing has been changed. The train spiel is the same, no noticeable differences yet. And those horses are HUGE!!
icandrawem2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, nothing would change for a while if it did at all...There is speculation that the Busch family may buy the parks for themselves, depending on the financial situation....At least thats what I hear. Time will tell.
Holly
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love draft horses Smile I got to ride some in Pennsylvania once. They can be harder to control because of their strength, but I find their personalities are usually calming and pleasant. They are beautiful creatures... I love going into the stables at Busch Gardens here for a rest from all the bustle of the parks... between that, and all the greenery, the park has some very pleasant corners to get lost in.

I hope that all goes well with the parks... definitely time will tell...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: