Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

New Eddie Interview

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: New Eddie Interview Reply with quote

Check it out, this is over a year in the making. Our latest Eddie Sotto interview is here!!
Holly
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job, Nate Smile Thanks!
Loric

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy the interview's are coming out finally.

I have to admit I'm disappointed in the stance taken toward Toy Story Mania.

Not all stories are suited for all methods of expression. The sheer fact that the Toy Story Mania ride can be reduced - effectively and with little or no loss of cohesion - into an actual Wii console game should speak volumes about the appropriateness of this idea being expressed fully in the theme park format.

If you can take everything away that makes it a theme park ride and still have essentially the same thing then it's not meant to be a theme park ride.

Great movies are not novels and amazing stage productions do not translate well to film. A particular format fits and is used to express certain story types for a reason. You do not tell procedural dramas on the stage, you do not put video games in theme parks, and you don't use a cuddly "lovable" character as the center of a sensory thrill experience.

People in the "respectable" design world of theater and film look firmly down their noses at theme park designers. I've experienced it first hand on a daily basis and as much as I fight to prove them wrong there is this sort of stuff - and I just don't know what to tell them.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the world should be a Wii game - low end graphics processing power with tons of noted "shovel ware" (games that are horrible and cheaply made) with a few gems here and there. Surprisingly enough that sounds just like the current state of theme park design - low budget with loads of stinkers and the occasional halfway decent offering.
Loric

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay.. what happened to the final article and why did i somehow become the final word on the aforementioned subject...?

And why are so many other websites posting Eddie Sotto interviews this week? Some sort of PR relaunch?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: