Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

path to my career

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HHN93

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: path to my career Reply with quote

My dream is to become a lead designer for Universal Studios Hollywood/Halloween Horror Nights, or for Disneyland. What degree should I get to become this? I was hoping to one day work my way up to become a art director or creative director, what degree will best prepare me for this? thank you
Holly
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to look at some of the posts below where people have asked similar questions. Some people take degrees in theatrical design, some people take degrees in fine art or even graphic design. Find something that you would enjoy doing for any company. A lot of designers hop between different companies and projects over their career or even in the course of a year (for example, the main design push for Halloween Horror Nights is generally only part of the year). It's best to find something that you really enjoy doing and have a desire to become really good at. That way, no matter where your career takes you, you will enjoy the work. Best of luck!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: