Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Bad Movie Design Challenge: Hudson Hawk

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garyancheta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Bad Movie Design Challenge: Hudson Hawk Reply with quote

When I was a kid living near Orlando, I remember spending my summer months waiting for the next movie blockbuster. Half the time, the movie was great and I loved it. The other half of the time, I'd watch a movie and realized it was really bad. But once and a while, I'd watch a really bad movie and realize "Hey, maybe it was just the wrong story to tell as a film. Maybe it would be better as a ride."

So I figure, since I'm on a ride website, why not offer up a bad movie and see what kind of ride someone could make out of it.

Today I'm offering up the film Hudson Hawk. This was a movie written by Bruce Willis, right after Die Hard and his TV Show Moonlighting, where he plays a thief that has a to fight off rich playboys, the Vatican, CIA heavies named after candy bars, and traps set by Leondardo Da Vinci in order to save mankind from crazy alchemists and get a decent cappuccino.
According to the Wikipedia entry found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson_Hawk

"The live action film makes heavy use of cartoon-style slapstick, including sound effects, which enhances the movie's signature surreal humour. The plot combines material based on conspiracy theories, secret societies, and historic mysteries, as well as outlandish "clockpunk" technology la Coburn's Our Man Flint movies of the 1960s.

"A recurring plot device in the film has Hudson and his partner Tommy "Five-Tone" (Aiello) singing songs concurrently but separately, to time and synchronize their exploits. Willis-Aiello duets of Bing Crosby's Swinging on a Star and Paul Anka's Side by Side feature on the movie's soundtrack."

While I liked this movie, it was pretty bad, but I thought it had an interesting theme to play off of. I'm curious what you all would come up with for a themed attraction for this film.
Tedward

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would make a fantastic ride similar to the latest Indiana Jones ride @ Disneyland.

Title: Leonardo's Last Ride

Objective: assist Tommy and Hudson to find the hidden nuclear submarine designed by Leonardo Da Vinci before evil Professor Von Plonk can take it to sea and attack

Line/pre-ride: Guests would wander through a dark castle dungeon peering into workshops and treasure rooms with clockwork/steampunk contraptions mixed with exotic sculptures, armour etc that the Von Plonk family has stolen over the centuries.

Boarding: Tommy instructs passengers to board the underground railcars to meet Hudson at the submarine with the assistance of "his guys" (dressed as good guy "henchmen"). He says we have only one "song choice here" to get there so he starts singing.

Ride: a very damp railcar ride that "intersects" with Hudson as he flies through the tunnels chasing the escaping Von Plonk. As we see Hudson he is singing the same song in time with Tommy.

End: The railcars "fly" off the end of the tracks at the end of the song into the water preventing the submarine leaving. Von Plonk is "arrested" as the railcars "float" out through the tunnel mouth to the unloading zone where police officers assist everyone to clear the area.

---

Hey that was kinda fun for 15 minutes. Thanks, I hope it is the kind of thing you are looking for.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: