Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Walt Disney's World of Color opens

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Theme Park Attraction Review - Be the first to review a new (or classic) theme park ride
View previous topic :: View next topic  
just-inverted

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Walt Disney's World of Color opens Reply with quote

First, I want to bring up that Disney's California Adventure has had its name changed to Disney California Adventure, with no apostrophe s. I guess that since Imagineers and other workers are reconstructing the entire park, I guess they thought that they should change the name of the park too. With that said, I will move on to talking about World of Color.
Since everybody comes to the park to see the water show spectacular, Disney decided to try to control as much of the crowds as possible, by making fastpasses for viewing for the show. This fastpass can be located where the fastpasses are for Grizzly River Run. The fastpasses are cut up into five groups, with either the color green, orange, blue, red, or yellow. These colors indicate which area you will sit in. The viewing area for fastpass is indicated in the viewing area that Disney built specially for World of Color, but non fastpass holders have to see the show from behind Mickey's Fun Wheel, on the bridge that takes you to the entrance of Paradise Pier, or from a hotel room, although their would probably be to many other construction in the way to get a good view.
One other new thing. There is now another jumping fountain with the viewing area for kids to play in during the daytime.
To get at least a decent view of the light and water show, you should be in your spot about 1 hour to 1 and-a-half before the show starts, but don't worry. There's a pre-show about twenty minutes before the show starts that's about 20 minutes long, featuring some of your favorite Disney characters. These characters are: Mike Wisouski(for the green viewing area), Tigger(for the orange viewing area), Genie(for the blue viewing area), Sbastian(for the red viewing area), and Lumiere(for the yellow viewing area). These characters are humongous puppet like characters, with two poles for the arms attached to a camouflaged puppeteer controlling the character. The hosts of the pre-show challenge your colored character and your team to everyone else to singing a song from the movie Tarzan.
When the pre-show is over, all the other Paradise Pier attractions shut down and all the lights go out, which signals the starting of the show.
The show is in some ways much like Fantasmic, with the water mist screens, but this time about 5x bigger. Many of the water jets can shoot up higher than the ferris wheel, and some go only 5 ft. high, while some sway about. Lasers and light are used during the show, lasers mainly being at one part of the show, which is at my opinion is the best part of the show. Here, after Buzz tells Woody that he CAN fly, many lasers shoot out to make an incredible shape of Zurg and his gun, shooting at Buzz Lightyear flying through the galaxy.
One thing about the show is that you're pretty much guaranteed to get a little wet during the show, but it's definitely worth all the waiting and getting wet for seeing this fantastic show.
One last thing before I close. To help ease the crowds even more, Disney set up what they call Glow Fest in the Hollywood back lot, a festival of many lights and techno sounds and a gigantic screen covering the backdrop at the entrance of the Aladdin show.

Scores: Theming-5 The theming was great, considering the bright colors and the great quality of the picture on the screen. Repeatibility-5 I could probably see this once a week without getting tired of seeing it(I hope I can see it once a week!) Show Writing-NA Demographic-5 Every age can experience this, since there is no roughness or boring things in it. Thrill Factor-5 Yes! It was incredibly fun to experience this. When I saw the water shoot up way high up and see the first projection of lights, everyone cheered in amazement, including me. Cycle Time-4 The show lasted about 30 minutes, but I think everyone wants it to be longer because of how great it is. Cycle Time-5 Disney did a very good job of keeping the excitement up continuously through the show, keeping everyone wanting to see more.
hornhtlpr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Exactly How To Pick The Right Plus Size Prom Dress Reply with quote

Prom season draws near, and you are trying to find plus size prom dresses which make you feel fabulous. So why is it so hard to find a prom dress which is not going to make you look like the mother [url=http://longpromdresses.webs.com/]long prom dress[/url] of the bride, make you seem like a sausage in a tutu, or need steel plate armor to appear sleek?
Related articles:

[url=http://www.cucinone.com/bbpress/topic.php?id=268762#post-280802]http://www.cucinone.com/bbpress/topic.php?id=268762#post-280802[/url]

[url=http://www.h-desk.com/viewtopic.php?hpr=Truevector_service_shuts_down_often&p=50791#50791]http://www.h-desk.com/viewtopic.php?hpr=Truevector_service_shuts_down_often&p=50791#50791[/url]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Theme Park Attraction Review - Be the first to review a new (or classic) theme park ride All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: