Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Follow My Heart to a SW Park

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Post a project - post a resume
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wranglerpuff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Follow My Heart to a SW Park Reply with quote

Hello, My name is SrA Lee. Im stationed in Okinawa Japan in the Air Force. I have been working on a theme park for well over 3 years now and am finally ready to put it out there. Right now i am working on getting the design copywrited, but other than that I am unclear as to what direction to go in next. I have tried searching the internet for companies, which has came up empty so far. I have the whole thing drawn and written out, up to what the staff will be doing, procected size (1.5 to 2 times Disney when its all done), possibilities for expasions, rate of growth, themes, ride lengths, and pretty much anything else i could think of. I really want this to lift off, and hopefully, with the approval of a certian director (look at the title for a hint), i know that this park would be the next big thing in the U.S. (assuming thats where it will be built).

any tips, pointers, or suggestions for my next move would be wonderful.

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there -

Thanks for posting. What do your plans look like, ideally. Would you like to build the park, just work on a concept? What's your goal?

Nate
wranglerpuff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: SW Park Reply with quote

the park is concentric (spelling?) with the jedi temple the center. it will house a smaller building with a ride (like the one in tomarrowland) that takes you on a discriptive journey through the replica area, then courscant and back. this is mainly for those that know little to non of SW to make the park more enjoyable. the resorts are Cor. Naboo, Endor, and then the waterpark in the Gungan city. the park will house a lightspeed travelin monorail thats suspended that goes in and out.... and then theres another tram that goes on the outside of the park that goes to each of the resorts (it has scenery in the different areas to keep interest)

but before i reviel more, i need pointers, tips, where to go next
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even so... what are your goals with this park? Do you wish to see it built? Do you just want tips on how to make it better? Let us know.

Nate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i want it built. i willing to spend every hour, even if im at work, getting this park put into motion. I would pretty much do anything possible within the military bounds. I dont care who i have to call, who I have to cut in to my profits. I just want to see it born!
DancinBelle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds awesome! I love SW too. I'll come work on it in about 5 or 6 years (gotta finish high school and college!).
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose the problem you face is that Star Wars is intellectual property owned by George Lucas. He has been in discussions several times for a Star Wars themed park, and what resulted was Star Tours at Disney. Even so, I'm not sure that his intellectual property is something that he would be willing to part with. Or maybe he would, but then again... He's George Lucas...why would he need you? That's a distinct possibility, although anything can happen.

The other possibility is that you could abandon the idea of doing a star wars park and do something cool and new. After all, Star Wars and Star Trek didn't exist before George Lucas and Gene Roddenberry.

Now I realize that this contradicts everything I have said in my themed articles regarding the utility of brand recognition, but certainly branding is not always necessary. For example, at Universal's Islands of Adventure, Lost Continent was supposed to be Atlantis... until Sea World came out with their Journey to Atlantis attraction 1 year before IOA was supposed to open. So Atlantis became Lost Continent and it was just as cool.

So I wouldn't give up on your idea, but also keep an open mind about the different cool ways it can be achieved. You don't need George Lucas' ideas to have a spectacular park. Your ideas are just as valid if refined in the correct way.

Those are my thoughts

Nate
wranglerpuff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: SW Park Reply with quote

well my idea has blossomed into something fantastic, unfortunatly i am unable to find any company that is willing to talk about it. i have even tried contacting Dubai Land, but either im faxing to the wrong number, or they're ignoring me too.

any other tips from you peeps would be great. if i get someone to jump onboard, ill even give the person that helps a cut. im really in the park for the parks sake, and not so much the money
steamboatwillie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: SW Park Reply with quote

I think you might be missing the point that Nate outlined in his thread regarding intellectual property. I'm not positive, but I would imagine the reason companies are not responding as you would expect is probably because SW is such a huge brand name and commercial entity that they might be weary of a private solicitor pitching an idea based on SW material without the consent of Lucas himself.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, exactly. It's like trying to sell someone else's car on ebay. You may find a buyer, but you don't really own it and therefore shouldn't really be trying to sell it.

Nate
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Post a project - post a resume All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: