Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Skills

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Skills Reply with quote

What skills do you think are the most valuable those wishing to design themed attractions? What skills should one develop?

Here's some things I think might be the most useful. Please add to them, or expand upon them, say what you think is a great skill and why or maybe what isn't quite so important.

- Brainstorming ideas
- Sketching
- Photo manipulation
- Creative writing
- Digital 3D model making, sketchup, z-brush
- Architectural knowledge
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Holly
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that those are great ideas... I think that it is important to be the best in your field that you can be (whether 3D modelling, graphic design, architecture, writing, etc.). Somewhere, there is a list of all of the types of professionals used by Imagineering, and each profession naturally requires a different set of skills. In addition to striving for excellence, I think that you need to have good people skills because every project is a team effort and people love working with someone who is pleasant Smile

Great conversation topic idea!
taylorthedreamer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think also just have a great imagination, and a very open mind. and to me, i think maybe the fact of having a semi-child like imaginative mind. im 17 and still like a 5 year old at heart, and i hope i never loose that mindset, because its helped me come up with tons of really great ideas
wokcreative

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, all those things. Like Holly said, exceptionally standing out at something specific, as well as a good, well-rounded knowledge of many other things. Doing many different things has kept me busy over the years, working in TV, but specific skills with tech stuff has been the most profitable in finally settling in - same with themed entertainment industry. It seems that you have to really stand out, with experience (proven track record) to get hired.
Also, it depends on what you want to do. The example that always stands out to me is: Tony Baxter being the driving force behind figuring out how to make Big Thunder Mountain work, when engineers said it couldn't be done. He used his artistic/design/modeling skills to show how it could be done. Then the engineers stepped in and made it happen.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: