Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Another spammer is taking over the boards

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Theme Park News & Press Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wokcreative

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Another spammer is taking over the boards Reply with quote

Marry 1 seems to be trying to take over the boards by posting to every topic, yet never saying anything. Probably just trying to get people to go to the web site in the signature.
Why pick on such a small, niche community like this? Possibly going after other sites too.
I have (and want to keep) my settings made to update me when someone has posted a comment. It is a huge annoyance to get daily e-mail updates from this type of person instead of real conversations.
Can certain posters be banned if they are just abusing the site?

I still always enjoy reading the posts of the actual users, even if I don't comment as often. Still nice to have this site and community of people around. Hope it doesn't get ruined by hackers and spammers.
Holly
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew! You are sure right... I just spent over half an hour doing house-cleaning -- over 50 posts from one user alone. I used to ban people who were here solely for the purpose of spamming, but somehow, I cannot find that option anymore... and usually, these people will drop a bunch of spam and then move on, to be replaced by the next spammer. If it is a bother, you may want to write to the admin, and see if he can find a way to help. I will write to him as well, and see if there is a way to fix things up...
wokcreative

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I was wrong about Marry 1. My apologies.
Holly
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's okay. I saw the same thing that you did (and maybe more, since I have to look at every new post). There were a lot of posts on the board during that time which were completely off-topic or did not contribute to discussion from only a couple of posters, which can definitely make it difficult to wade through and find real discussion. And I think that you are correct that many people who are posting randomly are looking for people to click on the links in their signature. It's part of having the forum out in the "wilds" of the internet, I suppose. I appreciate your care and concern for the forum. That is part of what makes this a good community. I will continue to try my best to make fair judgments as to what posts are appropriate (on-topic and contribute to discussion), and which are not, so that the community as a whole can continue to have good and interesting discussions about the things that we love! It can be tough sometimes to make those judgment calls, but just as you do, I want this community to thrive...
marry1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Another spammer is taking over the boards Reply with quote

[quote="wokcreative"]Marry 1 seems to be trying to take over the boards by posting to every topic, yet never saying anything. Probably just trying to get people to go to the web site in the signature.
Why pick on such a small, niche community like this? Possibly going after other sites too.
I have (and want to keep) my settings made to update me when someone has posted a comment. It is a huge annoyance to get daily e-mail updates from this type of person instead of real conversations.
Can certain posters be banned if they are just abusing the site?

I still always enjoy reading the posts of the actual users, even if I don't comment as often. Still nice to have this site and community of people around. Hope it doesn't get ruined by hackers and spammers.[/quote]

Somebody in this forum noticed me that you think i am a spammer beacuse of the link in my sig. I think you are wrong, and you consider that what i post are no meaning, i will tell you, you just you, and one person, you can not identify me is a spammer just according this. the last, i want to tell you, i inert the link of my web is not attract the click, all i do this just for google and what i post are meaningful to somebody.
wokcreative

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you will read all of the posts, you will see that it was taken care of
bread1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: I do not know too Reply with quote

[quote="wokcreative"]if you will read all of the posts, you will see that it was taken care of[/quote]
What is the post taken care of?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Theme Park News & Press Releases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: