Themed Forum Index Themed
Welcome to the official message boards for
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Pitfalls Of Using Technology For Technologys S

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: The Pitfalls Of Using Technology For Technologys S Reply with quote

There is nothing wrong with being a newbie (after all,[url=]abercrombie[/url], I wasn抰 born this brilliant grin). But ask any novice and they will tell you that they don抰 want to appear to be a beginner. That抯 why I recently felt the need to bring attention to a typical newbie mistake that you抣l want to avoid. That mistake is using every single piece of new Web technology you can find JUST because it is available.
The Pitfalls Of Using Technology For Technologys Sake > The Pitfalls Of Using Technology For Technologys Sake by Diane Hughes

0 [ ],[url=]moncler[/url], Article rating : 0.00,[url=]karen millen dress[/url], 0 votes. Author : Diane Hughes
3. Does the technology require that my site visitor do anything? Will your visitors have to download any special software or plug-ins to see your site with this new technology? If so,[url=]moncler outlet[/url], skip it! It isn抰 worth the chance of visitors clicking away.
Copyright 2004 Diane Hughes
Being a long-time Internet entrepreneur,[url=]doudoune moncler[/url], I have made certain observations over time. Most people who start an online business seem to go through certain "phases." They make the same mistakes,[url=]herve leger[/url], and they react the same to different circumstances. All the while, they never realize that much of this behavior sends a glaring red signal that they are undoubtedly newbies.
2. Will the technology cause an inconvenience to my visitors? Will an all Flash home page force visitors (even repeat visitors) to sit and watch a two-minute long movie each and every time they come to your site? Will tons of animated or rotating graphics files make your home page load extremely slow? Web surfers are very impatient people,[url=]doudoune moncler[/url], you know. I can tell you from experience,[url=]moncler[/url], they won抰 wait.
4. Is the technology stable? Is the chat program you抳e installed reliable? Does that new java script work the way it should? Does that streaming video feed skip and crash? If your new technology doesn抰 perform up to speed 99% of the time,[url=]abercrombie[/url], it isn抰 worth causing aggravation to your visitors.
FREE Report: Amazingly Simple (Yet Super Powerful) Ways To Skyrocket Your Sales And Build Your Business Into A Tower of Profits,[url=]hogan[/url]! ==>>
About The Author
Diane C,[url=]moncler[/url]. Hughes *
Source :
0 [ ],[url=]moncler outlet[/url], Article rating : 0.00,[url=]herve leger dress[/url], 0 votes. Author : Diane Hughes
Rate this story : 512345678910 and
[ Note : no HTML/URLs - will removed automatically ]

Read more at our ,[url=]doudoune moncler[/url].
I understand the appeal of new technology. However,[url=]moncler[/url], before loading up yet another animated graphic or phasing Web page, ask yourself a few questions.
Before making any technological enhancements to your site,[url=]abercrombie et fitch[/url], think about your visitors. Yes,[url=]hogan outlet[/url], the new technology may be cool,[url=]hogan[/url], but if it doesn抰 offer some true value to your customers,[url=]moncler[/url], you would most likely be better off and more professional looking without it.
1. Will this technology add value to my site? By value I mean something that will enhance (and not clutter) your Web visitor抯 experience. Other than being cool, will the technology help in some way?

[url=]中学生演讲比赛大人味十足 观众称更愿意听童言 中学生[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Themed Forum Index -> Our Guest Book All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: