Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Attraction featured on the Travel Channel

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icandrawem2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Attraction featured on the Travel Channel Reply with quote

The Travel Channel is airing a special on "America's Best Haunts" later this month and the attraction I have been doing design for over the past several months will be featured. I will give more details as they develop, but I hope you all can tune in or Tivo! They came out this past saturday to film and interview guests etc. Our makeup and prosthetics guy, Mark Goodson, will be featured and does some phenomenal work. Previously he worked for Universal Orlando A&D for halloween horror nights. If anyone lives near the Greensboro, NC area, come out and see us this season! take care.
wokcreative

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta start paying for cable or a dish, again. Maybe I can convince my in-laws or sister to record it.
icandrawem2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: FINALLY! Reply with quote

OK everyone, on Friday October 26, tune in to the Travel Channel at 11 PM to catch "America's Best Haunted Attractions". As i mentioned before, the attraction that I work for, Kersey Valley Spookywoods, will be one of the featured haunts. This will actually be the second episode, as they aired one last weekend that didnt show Spookywoods. Hope everyone can check it out! Take care!
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you tell us about your attraction? What works, what doesn't? What's the story (if any). Perhaps it should be in the Themed Attraction Review section.

Nate
icandrawem2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats an idea...I will do that soon. Its only my first season working for them since I closed my attraction last year in order to start focusing more on a career in design etc. But id be glad to fill everyone in on whats going on!
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I speak for everyone... we'd like to hear about your attraction too. This site is going to begin also focusing on the business aspect of themed entertainment, and that may fit right in.

Nate
DancinBelle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I relaized this morning that I hadn't taped the show, but I found it on the travel channel website:

http://travel.discovery.com/video/video.html?playerId=203712212&categoryId=1260639748&lineupId=1258439294

I think this is it, I haven't watched it yet . . . Shocked
icandrawem2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they finally aired it and its posted on the webpage now at:

http://www.spookywoods.com/home.htm

Just incase anyone missed it. Its neat to see something ive had a hand in being shown on national tv. anyways, enjoy it and have a good one!
DancinBelle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly off topic, but is anyone dressed up for Halloween? I'm the Dread Pirate Roberts, I'm gonna jump out and scare kids in the neighborhood tonight. Who else loves getting dressed up?
wokcreative

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dressed as Tom Sawyer, but everyone thought I was something from Hee-Haw. I didn't want to go into the backyard at night without shoes on for a bamboo pole (lots of spiders back there, especially in that corner); I think that would have sold it better. Oh, well.
It was interesting at the SATE conference, sitting at lunch one day, having someone mention non-chalantly that, "Of course I have a pirate costume, but it's only a deck-hand, and I want to be a captain!" (and I am going to write more about the whole conference, soon)
icandrawem2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh i love getting dressed up, matter of fact the zombie costume shown coming out of the porta jon, i wore that one this past saturday night, very fun. I do a pretty decent Napoleon Dynamite too, didnt do that one this year though!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: