Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

IAAPA Convention 2002 P

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Eddie's Archive - Insights from creative guru and former Disney Imagineer Eddie Sotto
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: IAAPA Convention 2002 P Reply with quote

magine from Imagination Portal
IAAPA Convention 2002 Posted 8-21-2002 23:44

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anybody going to the IAAPA convention in Orlando this fall? There's no way I can afford to go, so I'm trying to get my student newspaper editor to contact their press office so I can cover the event for my paper.

For those of you who have been there before, what's it like? Is it worth the time and/or money? If I can't get there, I'd at least like to hear a report that says either a) "It isn't worth it anyway" OR b) "It was great, here's why you should beg/borrow/steal to get there next year..." OR c) "I have free tickets for you and a friend." (Just kidding, sort of.)

Thanks,
Katie

ghosthost13 from Imagination Portal
IAAPA Convention 2002 Posted 8-23-2002 02:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am going to try my best to go to the show. I want to have a chance to talk to some of the designers and engineers from some of my favorite manufactures. I have the money to attend the exhibition but not to attend any of the conferences(too expensive for me).

Hopefully I'll get to talk with some of the people in the film/video, set design, or lighting aspects of ride & attractions exhibition. If anyone else is thinking about going, please post a message.

Maybe I'll see you there, imagine.

Holly from Imagination Portal
IST Posted 11-19-2002 04:18

Hey,

If anyone happens to stop by the Institute
for Simulation and Training during IAPAA,
we will be showing the project we took
to SIGGRAPH (called the "Immersive
Jukebox"), and on Thursday, we will
be showing a preview of next year's
project, the "Story Tent".

Immersive Jukebox:
sulley.dm.ucf.edu/~mcl/to...jpage.html

There's also a lot of other great
technology that other people in
the lab have been working on...
I've seen some of it...pretty cool
stuff:
www.ist.ucf.edu/events1.htm

Okay...that was my shameless plug
for today...
Now back to our regularly scheduled
message board.

-Holly

P.S. If one of you stops by,
I'm known around the lab as
"Kirsten". I'll be there as
classes permit.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Eddie's Archive - Insights from creative guru and former Disney Imagineer Eddie Sotto All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: