Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

help needed

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: help needed Reply with quote

hi, i hope one of you can help me - i home ed my 3 boys & they are made about theme parks - (the eldest wants to run/own/design a theme park) As part of their studies they wish to make a model of a theme park. - i have absolutely no idea where to start or how ?!?
any help will be greatly appreciated! - they are only small (9 & Cool but extremely bright - so cant be anything too complex
many thanxs
sam

a1stav
(5/14/04 4:32 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post First
First off try throwing around some ideas for a "theme" for the theme park (Adventure, Cartoons, Wildlife etc.) after that go into more detail of what you want in the park (buildings, rides, coasters).

Melonkov
(5/16/04 10:01 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Project Do you have any perticular subject you want the project to focus on?

Holly3216
(7/4/05 10:02 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Project In design classes, we made a lot of models out of posterboard and hot glue (cut out the shapes you need, and glue them in place... i know hot glue isn't great with kids, it's just sets faster than most glues, and so it makes it easier to set things in the right place). You could probably encourage them to use cans, boxes, toilet paper rolls, pieces of wire or whatever objects they can find and use these to make their roller coasters, shops and ride buildings, etc... and use whatever glue or tape that you think they can handle...

If they want to "real" design experience, usually sketches come first. Designers tend to make lots of little "thumbnail" sketches to refine an idea and get it looking just right. Then on to a bigger, color sketch that looks nice. Once you know what you want it to look like, the model is a lot easier to do.

If they're doing a full park, they could probably do an overhead view in their sketches, and try to decide where all they "lands" and rides go, and then move on to a model after it's all worked out. If you have a small webcam, they might get a kick out of moving it through the finished model at "ground level" to get the perspective of a little person walking through the park.

Just my 2 cents... Best of luck... And more importantly, I hope they have fun and learn a lot! Wink

Edited by: Holly3216 at: 7/4/05 10:10 pm
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: