Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Some questions; please answer

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Some questions; please answer Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I have returned after a few months' absence (work schedules goofed-up and all), but I am back with some questions.

But before I ask them, I'll give everyone a little background on my project: I am developing a medieval fantasy theme park called "The Kingdom of Wyndfaire" (as you may have already guessed by my username). It's approximately 160 acres in size, and I hope someday to build it in my home state of Colorado. Its website will be up at www.thefuncastle.us by mid-September, if all goes well with my personal IIS server.

Anyway, four questions I have related to dining:

1. I am planning a "self-service" dining option (I refuse to call it a "buffet", because it's of higher quality than your run-of-the-mill buffet) as part of the park's dining offerings. It is as-yet unnamed, and I have no clue what to call it. What's a good name for such a dining location?

2. Should I use a single queue, multiple queues, or group things by category (i.e., entrees, hot side dishes, cold side dishes, salads & soups, desserts, etc.)?

3. Should "attendants" (our general term for employees) provide as much assistance as possible (like answering inquiries, assisting those with disabilities and seniors, etc.), or only handle serving table restocking and general waiting services?

4. Should the food be mostly American with a small amount of international selections, or an equal mix of American and international selections, and should there be some medieval dishes (they'd have to be adapted, of course, to suit modern cooking methods and palates) available, for the "brave" diners out there?

If anyone could please answer my questions it would be gratefully appreciated.

The Kingdom of Wyndfaire
(970) 356-4654 Phone
Web
Edited by: KingdomOfWyndfaire at: 8/29/05 6:06 am
Meloncov
(8/30/05 7:03 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Restuaraunt
I suspect that no one here is qualified to answer those questions; I recomend finding a site that focuses in restraunts.

ewc
(8/31/05 1:14 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Vegas baby! Take a trip to Las Vegas and study their buffets. Pay attention to crowd flow, queuing, food selection, what people like, the type of services available, the selection of food and what food people are drawn to, lighting, amount of themeing, sound, music, smells and throughput. Also take a trip to any local buffets in town (Soup Plantation, Home Town Buffet and so on). Compare and contrast Vegas vs. Local.

Based on the number of people you estimate on eating at your establishment and the throughput of the places you visited determine what you’ll need to satisfy your park.

The answers are out there, you just need to do some research.

-Eric

tedward07
(9/6/05 5:33 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Some questions; please answer Is Colorado big enough for two such projects or is Medieval World ( www.medievalworld.us/ ) not going forward?

(long time lurker, first time posting)

KingdomOfWyndfaire
(9/7/05 2:39 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post New concept (was Re: Some questions; please answer) Hi,

It's been well over a year since I began working on The Kingdom of Wyndfaire. While I eventually plan to implement this project, I have decided to put it on the back-burner to pursue a newer, easier to implement, more lucrative concept. More information to be supplied in another thread.

- Rudy Valencia, aka "KingdomOfWyndfaire".

KingdomOfWyndfaire
(9/7/05 2:42 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Some questions; please answer

Quote:Is Colorado big enough for two such projects or is Medieval World ( www.medievalworld.us ) not going forward?

As far as I can tell, they're for the most part established. See my previous post in this topic as to what direction I'm taking.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: