Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Christian?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Christian? Reply with quote

Does anyone know any extremely creative Christian designers? I have a project I would like to talk to them about. Thanks for any contact information that anyone can provide!

SenoritaVelasco
(10/7/05 3:05 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Christian?
What kind of designer? Interior? Industrial?

kengortz
(10/7/05 3:11 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Christian? Hey,

Thanks for replying. I have an idea for an Edutainment Center that I need someone with design experience to partner with inorder to get the financing I need. I am not sure what specific qualifications they will want. But I need someone with a track successful track record in design.

rforkel
(10/7/05 3:19 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Email Me I have experience in A/V design as well as graphics and illustration (logos, concept designs, etc) and would love to help you. I do it mostly freelance since it's not my full time job anymore. My email is cagyouthmusic@earthlink.net

kengortz
(10/7/05 3:29 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Email Me Have you ever designed a themed environment? Like for Disney or a Children's museum?

rforkel
(10/7/05 10:43 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Design work Yes, I've done A/V design work for the Florida Aquarium in Tampa, FL designing A/V systems for several of thier themed areas for both adult and children. Anything from small docent/interpreter stations to large theater style systems as well as interactive audio/video stations with push-buttons and touchscreens.

I have also worked in professional audio systems designing permanent and portable systems for small and large groups.

As far as graphic design I have limited myself to mostly Christian design work (churches, parachurch ministries, children's youth adult, etc.) I have done some work for an investment properties company, a middle school music program, an accounting company, and a music school. I mainly work with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and some CorelDraw. I can send you a copy of some of my designs if you like.

Let me know what you are planning and I would love to toss some ideas your way.

kengortz
(10/11/05 9:26 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Design work I think I need to partner with someone who has had a successful track record in either designing children's museum, or theme park enviroments, or someone who has run a children's museum or theme park. I need specific numbers for a business plan such as design,labor, materials costs. Do you think this is the case as well, or am I wrong?

rforkel
(10/11/05 1:30 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: design As far as AV design I have worked for years designing AV systems, both commercial and professional, and am fully capable of providing designs and cost numbers. Unfortunately I am not qualified for other areas.

I have designed and installed AV systems for churches schools and professional touring groups. I am also familiar with distributed audio matrix systems and mobile AV systems used for rides in most themed attractions.

Just thought I'd offer.

Bran Ferren
(10/18/05 6:22 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Christian Well, you can contact the wildly overly Christian Mr. Tom Hignite at Miracle Homes (do a search on those prounouns). He has a bunch of very Christian white designers working for he hired from Disney to do his own themed design and even traditional animation.

Too bad most of us who work in the industry are Jewish.

kengortz
(10/20/05 8:26 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Christian Thanks so much for the name. Please be assured that I meant no disrespect from my question. I respect all religon's and races. However, I have found that it is best to form partnerships with as like minded people as possible.

Bran Ferren
(10/20/05 11:06 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post White Christians Being Jewish, and gay, along with thousands of gay creative people that designed the Disney and Universal studios theme parks and work at them... with their collective world-wide attendance of 80 million guests per year... well, I am proud not to let religion impact my designs, my associates and those who work with me to create entertainment venues.

Disney was Jewish.
Marty Sklar who has run the Disney Imagineering creative group is Jewish.
Mickey Steinberg, who ran the Euro Disney project some years back is Jewish.

Hmmmm I can't find any Christians at Disney!!!!

rforkel
(10/20/05 9:18 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post What's that got to do with anything?
I believe that Ken is looking for someone with the same mindset and values to help him design a Christian based venue.

Would you ask an atheist to design a mosque, or a Jew to design a Nazi museum? No, it doesn't make sense. That does not mean that there is no room for those that are not Christian to work on this project but for lead designers he is very specific. Unfortunately I think you are looking for a place to vent your personal issues and this is definitely not it.

Congratulations, you're gay. Congratulations, you're creative. That's not who he's looking for. I'm sure there are plenty of places for you to find work.

Bran Ferren
(10/21/05 1:40 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post No more religion You know what? I was totally offended that someone would ask for a "Christian" designer. You are right, what the heck does religion have to do with themed design? Some of the greatest gays in the world designed stuff for various religiously-sponsored projects, including the religious themed attraction just outside of WDW in Orlando, which I worked on.

It is almost like asking "do you know any white designers who can design a mostly white-visited museum...you know, because although we accept and respect blacks, I really would like a white designer because we think alike. You know, we whites have the same values..."

This leaves Bill Cosby out, who is one of my favorites by the way.

What a bigot with a hidden zealot agenda!!!

Guess what?...next time you go to a Disney park, it was designed mostly by Jewish, white, art directors. So there. All the parks. All of them.

This forum is for ideas, not religion or beliefs or race, or types or cultural background. The plea for a "Christian" designer had no place in this forum at all. Period. The problem with Christians is that they forget they comprise less than 10% of world religions.

Remember, Jesus was a Jew. The Jews do not believe he was a "god", just a guy with good speaking skills. His mother was probably not a virgin (sorry to tell you the truth but she traveled around with a man, which is a bit weird and my mom would never allow this.)

And then her son, Jesus, hung around with 12 other men who never had girlfriends or wives (isn't that weird?), and the Catholic Church, which has lots of child molestors these days and the very Christian Jim Baker was having "relations" with someone other than his wife and Jimmy Swaggart got caught outside the hotel room with a prostitute... How "Christian" that is, eh?

Christians are fake. They are a cult. So much for Christians.

...and when you join this forum...the words say "anything goes" right Nate? Well, you got my opinion.

I am Jewish. I am Gay and never tell anyone about it UNLESS they start a contest of Christians against Jews., Jesus was a Jew. So there.

Geez! get back to roller coasters, cool designs, fun, etc.

Oh, and Eddie Sotto, is also a Jew. He thinks Jesus was just a man also, not a god.

Bran Ferren
(10/21/05 2:20 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: What's that got to do with anything? ...and one more:

to reply to your ignorance of your statement:
"Would you ask an atheist to design a mosque, or a Jew to design a Nazi museum? "

The answer is "Yes". It happens all the time. Doing design is agnostic. Jews design stuff for Christians all the time.

I presently have a big contract in Dubai, on their really big project there...to design Arab-based entertainment resort. All I know, is that I was forbidden to wear Levi jeans to the work site...because Levis are a Jewish brand and they could have killed me for it... In the end, they just wanted the artwork and concept, despite my personal beliefs. U.S. pasports forbid religious identification. So, I don't tel them my middle name,Aaron, would give me away as a Jew.

That is real life. Jews are used...as long as they have ideas that can be used.

Bran

kengortz
(10/21/05 8:34 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Christian? I am very sorry that I offended anyone in this forum. Please forgive me. I was just looking for someone with like values and morals as mine, to partner with on a potential project. I appreciate the information that has been given and wish everyone all the best.

Holly3216
(10/21/05 9:37 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Christian? Please... As much as it may be offensive to say only certain "types" of designers should work on certain projects (we should be able to understand other viewpoints from our own and design from those viewpoints), Bran... your words are very hurtful. I realize that you have strong opinions, but you have taken the worst examples from the world and used it to characterize all of us (speaking as a Christian). I'm not asking you to rescind your opinions. Your opinions are your own. However, since design does generally transcend creed, there may be better places to discuss issues of this nature. My thanks to people of every race, creed, and way of life who have worked at one time or another in design. If we all came from the same background, design would be very static and bland. It is the contributions of all the personalities and people that makes design so varied and interesting.

chadlockwood
(10/22/05 5:04 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post so... I'd like to get some help from some designers on a project I'm working on. It's a museum purely about the history of black and white movies.

No coloreds...

(yes, I'm frigging kidding. Lighten up.)

BTW, Bran,you're a legend. I read an article about Applied Minds and it blew my mind, and that was before I knew of your work with WDI. Didn't know you were even on the boards.

Hey Nate, how about getting Mr Ferren in for a bit of an extended chat, ala Eddie Sotto? Just a thought.

Cheers,

Chad

Edited by: chadlockwood at: 10/22/05 5:05 am
Holly3216
(10/22/05 11:04 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: so... Oh, I love silent films! Would probably be a difficult museum to design, though... You've been around here long enough, Chad, there's no chance I could believe that for even a second!

Yeah...I saw the name Bran Ferren and immediately went to the profile to try to see if it was *the* Bran Ferren... if so, it would be really interesting to hear thoughts on design and the industry in general...

Edited by: Holly3216 at: 10/22/05 11:05 am
yellnick
(10/25/05 3:10 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post You gotta relax Bran. If Jesus was Jewish, why the Mexican name?

Dude. Why are you so intolerant of Christians? Can't we all agree that Holly3216 and that other guy went off on a complete tangent on my other thread? (Flooded museum revisited) How did we get onto volcanos? My last question there was, "who's going to IAAPA?" and all of a sudden people have stopped discussing design and stepped up the selfrighteousness. Let's stick to what's important - my topics.

Now who's going to IAAPA? Will there be a lot of Christians?

naversen1
ezOP
(10/31/05 11:52 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post welcome all Welcome Bran -

You're a legend in Disney circles if that's the real Bran.

I thought I might set the record straight about a couple things:

First, Walt Disney was not Jewish. Walt Disney had Norman forbears. His ancestors were French peasants who originally came from the Norman town of Isigny. After 1066 members of the d'Isigny family swarmed across the english channel as part of the invading army and settled in the conquered territories of England after the battle of Hastings. Those clans married English women and changed their name to a more Anglicized name from d'Isigny to Disney. They became prosperous English Gentry. The Disney's fled to Ireland to escape persecution later. And eventually moved to America in 1834. Walt was born in Chicago in 1901.

Walt's father was not Jewish. Elias Disney was sternly religious and converted to protestantism after he realized how suspicious the community was of Catholics. He at one time attended St. Paul's.

Second: a Christian viewpoint is welcome on this board at any time. A gay, a democrat, a jewsih, a republican, a french opinion ...they're all welcome here. There will be no censorship here.

Third: You are correct in that design for entertainment is purely for entertainment. Laughter is truly a medicine that knows no language, racial or ethnic barriers. As the song goes, "A smile means friendship to everyone." I learned this first hand working on the Jungle Cruise.

But sometimes when a message is communicated to a particular audience, it helps to have a designer that sympathizes to the needs of the client and the message. That's why Ken wanted a Christian designer and there is nothing wrong with that. Ken, I will keep my ears open for you!

On the other hand, my hat goes off to Adam Berger... the most excellent show writer who (though Jewish) faithfully wrote the scripts for all the shows at the Holy Land Experience in Orlando... a very Christian attraction. Sometimes a professional is a professional and can simply do his job well because that is what he does!

In short, welcome everyone. There is a place for you here!!

Welcome everyone!

Nate Naversen
Creative consultant / founder
Imagination Portal

yellnick
(11/1/05 3:37 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: welcome all I agree with Nate.
There are three things I just can't take: 1)Racists 2)intolerance and 3)Normans.

composerboy
(11/4/05 4:10 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: welcome all
At the recording session for the Holiday Themeing music for Universal Studios Osaka, I got a big laugh out of everyone by noting that here we were recording Christmas music arranged by an athiest (me), produced by gay and straight jews for a largely Buddhist and Confucian audience. Crazy.

Meloncov
(11/4/05 1:51 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: welcome all Welcome, composerboy. Always nice to see new professionals.

composerboy
(11/4/05 5:02 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: welcome all Thanks.

It was nice to be able to use my message board account from themeparkadventure.com here.

If anyone has any questions about music and sound for themed entertainment/special venues, feel free to shoot them my way. i'll be happy to help.

naversen1
ezOP
(11/4/05 6:27 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Welcome Hey composerboy. Welcome to the boards. There are actually quite a lot of inquiries about themed music so any expertise you might offer would be of great benefit. You're not the first composer we've had on the boards but you are welcome to be here!

Nate
Imagination Portal

P.S. As a pilot, I've learned one thing. There are no atheists during turbulence. Ha!

composerboy
(11/16/05 8:17 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Welcome What - does Richard Bellis hang out here too?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: