Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

a ride idea

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: a ride idea Reply with quote

hi everyone,

im new to this website and would like some advice on where i can send this ride design i have recently come up with. theres quite a few designs that ive thought of, but theres one that seems very original (i cant see any other rides quite like it). ive drawn some basic pictures with different views etc. does anyone know of anywhere that i could send these designs to?

thanks,
james

naversen1
ezOP
(11/2/05 10:38 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: a ride idea
Thanks for your post. You can post your idea here if you would like for critique. But no company will accept an idea from outside their company. They do not even want to hear your idea because they don't want to get sued later claiming that they stole the idea from you (even if the idea was only similar to yours but not the same). This sort of thing happens all the time. A man sues Disney claiming he sent one drawing to them 20 years ago and EPCOT was his idea they stole. Unfortunately, this is one more reason to hate trial lawyers and to push for torte reform in the U.S. Until the rules of law change, no company wants to hear your idea.

On a positive note, if you wish to post it here it will become public and we can openly critique it. That's what we do here... make each other better by discussing the merits of a design! Post away!! (All posts are governed by the rules for submissions so be sure you agree with them.)

Nate

Meloncov
(11/2/05 6:52 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: a ride idea An important thing to remeber if you are trying to get into the industry; you can't get in by selling your ideas. No matter how good your ideas are, companies aren't interested in them. Not only are their the legal issues Nate mentioned, the odds are incredably low that your ideas are of use given the companies current plans. To get into the industry, you have to "sell yourself," that is, you have to build a resume attractive to companies.

james24790
(11/4/05 8:47 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: a ride idea thanks for the advice. you mentioned getting into the industry, can you please explain more about this and how i would go about doing so.

thanks,
James

Meloncov
(11/4/05 9:45 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: a ride idea See this sites main page (themedattraction.com) for basic information and links, and look at the Themed Entertainment Careers board.

Holly3216
(11/7/05 8:44 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: a ride idea Just about everyone who comes in here asks the same thing. If you want further info, check through previous posts. Thanks and welcome.

Alex
(11/15/05 3:31 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: a ride idea Nate, you mention the rules for submission. I don't find those on the site anymore, but I remember that when I read them some time ago, there was something like: "All posted designs will belong to Imagination portal". Is/was this true?

Alex

Meloncov
(11/15/05 7:27 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: a ride idea In my understanding, basically yes (not that we are actually going to do anyting with them). By posting an idea on a public forum that you do not own a copywrite or patent on, you basicly give up ownership. I believe the transfer of ownership clause is their to protect the profesionals on this site from being accused of stealing ideas.

I would encourage you to not let this get in the way of posting your ideas. Participation this site will get you farther than any ideas you may have (not that thats realy saying much-see my previous post).

Edited by: Meloncov at: 11/15/05 7:28 pm
Alex
(11/16/05 6:55 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post copyrights Thanks for the reply, Meloncov.
Actually I've been on these boards for years as "Alex", it's just the first time I logged in before posting since the boards were changed to EZboards.

So .... as for an example, when I come up with an idea that I want to work on and post it here, does this make my work on it "useless" in terms that I will not be able to "sell" the idea anymore since I lost my copyrights? If so, doesn't this make the boards to a second-class idea display since you maybe want to keep the better ones for yourself?
(Nevermind the learning-effect that you mentioned, I know it's a huge benefit).

Also, say that I have finished some projects and would like to post the designs and pictures of the finished objects here, what about the copyright in that case?

-Alex

Meloncov
(11/16/05 2:09 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post RE: Copywrites I assume that if you already have a copywrite on an item, posting here would not transfer it, though you should check with nate to be sure.

I think everyone here has given up hope that their ideas are valuable enough to be worth hoarding.

Jim
(11/22/05 7:33 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: a ride idea Hi James

I nearly had a meeting set up a year or so ago. I asked the person I was meeting if he'd sign a confidentiality agreement, he said no and pointed out that his company does not respect intellectual property. I'm currently trying a new approach, which I will happily tell you about if & when it's successful. And if it's not, I suppose.

Good luck.

Jim
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: