Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Imagination Portal Restuarant Project

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Imagination Portal Restuarant Project Reply with quote

Okay, so here's what we've got:

The restauraunt is to be built in a non-themed shopping center. Target market is as of yet undecided, though I reccomend going for a famialy audience. It would proably be economically practical to have a included gift shop.

Other than that, its pure blue sky. At this point, let's just toss out ideas without doing anylyses.

Let's get the ideas rolling.

Edited by: Meloncov at: 12/1/05 12:54 am
No Limits Thriller
(11/30/05 7:51 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Imagination Portal Restuarant Project
Not that I signed up for this armchair imagineering...

But what about a Chinese eatery / tea house? The Chinese are good at scenery, so it could make for some interesting architecture nad perhaps even some surrounding gardens. Of course the food would have to be a bit different, more like traditional Chinese perhaps.

ewc
(11/30/05 4:25 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post How about a sci-fi intergalactic eatery. Iím imagining a sci-fi intergalactic eatery all do in an over the top fashion. The exterior has a UFO crashed into the building with steam coming out. When you enter the restaurant there is the mandatory gift shop selling items from around the universe and there is also a waiting area that is all tricked out in intergalactic memorabilia. To enter the eating are you have to pass through a portal which is a wall of mist that tele-transports you to the dinning area. Perhaps once inside the dinning area you see other portals bringing guest in from all over the universe, maybe even the food is prepared in some far out galaxy.

The waiters and waitress are decked out in silver. Alien creatures are seen wondering around the place. The windows look out into space, perhaps with a space highway zooming by.

-Eric

chadlockwood
(11/30/05 5:25 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post time How about a restaurant based on time?

Through the faux windows, you can see people speeding by, the ceiling shows a timelapse of a sky at dawn/midday/dusk, plates are clocks, decorations are timepieces.

Maybe inside the restaurant, time moves slower, while outside time moves faster, so people feel like that can relax and unwind.

Chad

Meloncov
(11/30/05 7:10 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: time No Limits Thriller, it really doesn't matter whether you signed on. The whole sign in thing was really just to see if their was enough interest to get anywhere.

A couple ideas:

A fantasy themed restauraunt. The restauraunt is themed to look like a Holywoodized medieval inn, with the adition of some audioamniotronic creatures; say, a small dragon in an alcove, or a stable with a pegasi. During peak hours, live actors walk among the tables, telling stories or performing magic tricks for those who are interested.

A railway themed restauraunt. An old train is converted into the dining area, while on the inside, model railways cover many surfaces. Meals are served from large, G-scale model trains carrying food items.

SenoritaVelasco
(12/1/05 12:44 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: time playing jak x combat racing all day....

I was thinking somthing nascar-ish. Knowing most employees would be of the younger variety I think something semi-"hip" to wear would get them more into character. Have them wear pit crew outfits (jumpers) have wrenches and "oil" soaked rags hanging out of their pockets. Given a shopping center I would think it would be more family oreiented during the day and turn into a teen/early 20's hang out at night (like a tgifridays). Jumpers would be easy to make conservative during the day, and ambitious tip getters could be a little more racy (no pun intended) at night with a couple less buttons. (not R just PG13)

One thing I experienced on a recent flight to orlando was an interactive trivia game with other passengers on the flight. I thought it was so awesome..... along the same thinking perhaps you could have interactive racing with people at other tables, under the glass of the table. Like the old school Pac man arcade games, remember those.

Instead of bar stools we could have what appears to be stacks of tires. As a center piece there could be a car on a lift.

That's just my first idea, I'll think some more and come back with come other stuff

SenoritaVelasco
(12/1/05 1:00 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: time along with the time thing I'm thinking dali-esque melting clocks in the trees outside

SenoritaVelasco
(12/1/05 1:16 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: time Day of the Dead is my favorite holiday. I personally would love to have a place where it was day of the dead all the time. The colors, the calaveras (skulls). The music. The food.

I love the faux window idea, with the clarity and technology of TVs today a faux window would look more realistic than ever. It also opens up a world of possibilities. It could be a rest. where "everyone has the perfect view." People could choose their own scenery. It could be a zoo with different animals. An aquarium. A train (and idea mentioned before on this board).

TheWithin
(12/1/05 11:07 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: time How about walking into an italian city where all the tables look as if you are dinning in an outdoor cafe and in the center of the pavilion you could have floor shows. The entire place could be decorated as if it was having a constant festival. The could also be a walk through cave spook house themed for the catacombs. There could be one person in charge of aranging fun activities for the kids in an italian way. This could be a great place for people to retouch their roots and a great family resteraunt for everyone.

Meloncov
(12/1/05 11:33 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post re:Intergalactic Eatery The trick to doing a sci-fi eatery would be putting in enough Hitchhiker-esque jokest that you would need to visit many times to get anywhere.

How 'bout a restauraunt themed as a 1920's airship. Guests eat in a period themed dining area while watching arial views of the earth through faux windows.

SenoritaVelasco
(12/1/05 1:55 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: re:Intergalactic Eatery I like the airship idea, but how would you theme the ascent. Do you think it would be neccessary?

So you park your car... open the door, walk in.... what are some ideas to get you from ground level to arial view heights

Meloncov
(12/1/05 3:53 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post RE: Airship
Maybe a faux elevator? You could theme it as a landing tower that leads up to the airship. Still, I can't think of a practical way to prevent the turn from bying a bit jaring.

TheWithin
(12/1/05 6:27 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Time to pick? It sounds like everone here has a neat and diffrent idea. We should probly have one person act as the owner and pick one idea unless we can figure out a way of voting without hurting anyones feelings.

SenoritaVelasco
(12/1/05 6:45 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Time to pick? I was thinking we could set parameters and that would help narrow the results. We could figure out our target audience, and as was posted earlier we could come up with a budget.

Then we wouldn't be voting on which ideas are 'best' really, just the one with the best fit to the given situation.

Or we could just draw virtual straws haha, is there a site for this?

Meloncov
(12/1/05 6:47 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Time to pick? Yeah, I think we have enough ideas out there. I think we're mature enough we can handle a vote, but maybe a secret ballot would be preferable? Still, Senorita Velasco is right, it would be best to narrow things down based on our parmeters before conducting a vote.

TheWithin
(12/2/05 12:12 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Time to pick? I think Meloncov should act as the owner and pick the idea or his own to make everything simple. If everyone agrees, write in.

Meloncov
(12/5/05 2:23 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post RE: Time to Choose Allright, if none posts any othercomments/suggestions within the next day, I'll just go ahead and choose one.

SenoritaVelasco
(12/9/05 5:03 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: RE: Time to Choose good idea! go on ahead I'm excited to move forward, whatever direction that might be

Meloncov
(12/9/05 7:13 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: RE: Time to Choose Allright, than. Let's go with the science fiction themed eatery. However, to give us some more room to work with, let's cut the over the top part for now (it can be added back later, if we wish).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: