Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Locations locations!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:09 am    Post subject: Locations locations! Reply with quote

Hi there,

For my project, In have tested locations the world over on three characteristics (social stability, population size and climate). I have now narrowed it down to three general areas:

1) North America
2) Japan
3) Central Europe

So, the question now is, what is the best place of these three? I thought the best way to choose might be to make a list of (dis)advantages. So far I have:

North America:
+Theme Park going culture
-Lawsuit-vulnerable limiting creative possibilities

Europe:
-Many different cultures/languages

Japan:
???

Any input from you guys would be very interesting! Smile

naversen1
ezOP
(4/12/06 12:34 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Locations locations!
Actually, I'd throw in South America as my choice:

1) North America - saturated theme park market
2) Japan - extremely expensive to acquire land
3) Central Europe - highly regulated

South America - cheap labor, cheap land, developing economies, strong future potential, good food, large spanish speaking population (myself excluded).

Nate

Meloncov
(4/12/06 9:26 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Locations locations! The UAE also seems to be turning into a center for theme parks. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not...

I think your question is too generic to give any meningful answer to. The exact nature of the project, as well as the exact location within the geographical areas you give, are factors too large to make an informed decesion without. Look at Disneyland Paris. Between its theme (Disney-read, crassly american) and its location (France) it had years of unsucessful operation. Addmitedly, it is now turning a profit, but were anyone other than Disney managing it, it would have been abandoned long ago.

rforkel
(4/13/06 1:50 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Not a bad idea I had never thought about it, Nate, but SA and even Mexico would be a great idea. Think about all the hot tourist destinations already there: Rio, Cancun, Acapulco, Panama, etc. Don't know how much American tourists they would get in South America since the seasons are different from ours (our summer is thier winter) and most Americans travel during the summer. Guess you'd just have to be conscious about climate control. Besides, South Americans aren't as turned off by us as Europeans are and they are willing to take our money.

Holly3216
(4/13/06 7:40 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Not a bad idea
You'd probably want to make sure that there was adequate local interest and traffic too... I think that's how the old theme parks in Europe tend to survive (serving people from surrounding areas)... and it's a good way to deal with the "lean" seasons...

I thought South America was mentioned because their economy has grown so much... and there doesn't seem to have been much investment in that sort of infrastructure... So there's potential for a good audience for a theme park within the continent itself. Similarly, in 5 years, if they continue on the same economic track, China and India will probably be profitable market with large populations of potential guests.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: