Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

IAAPA Membership?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: IAAPA Membership? Reply with quote

IAAPA Membership? I am a first year mechanical engineer student with a strong interest in themed entertainemnt. The IAAPA is having an expo in Atlanta, Georgia in mid November which i would like to go to. I have attempted to apply for membership to this organization under a student membership. The application asks for my current employer. My question is this. Do I need to be working for a company in the business of themed entertainment to be considered for membership? It appears that this might be the case.

Sincerely,

Paul Moore

P.S. Thank you to anyone who responds.

Holly3216
(4/10/06 11:51 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: IAAPA Membership?
I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure that you don't have to be working in the industry in order to go to the conference. (The reason I'm not sure is that a mentor gave me his press pass last year when he decided he couldn't attend one of the days so I could see what it was about... I'm not a member at the moment). If you're not working for anyone, I would just put that you're a student... or not fill out that section at all... if they offer a student membership, they probably understand that you're not in the industry yet. Application for most kinds of things will ask who you work for...

Best wishes for your college career Smile

diddymo13
(4/10/06 1:25 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: IAAPA Membership? Thanks for the reply holly...very helpful. How did you enjoy the conference?

Holly3216
(4/10/06 11:13 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: IAAPA Membership? very cool... i didn't see the whole thing... some of it was just typical stuff (companies trying to sell kiddie moon-bounces or coin operated games)... there were some cool animatronics and inventions (the LifeFormations figures were my favorite... there were a lot of haunted house animatronics... and a few cool, smaller exhibits... like an animated fountain show... and a 3D, motion-platform film) There were a few design firms here and there, and the people at the design firms were generally friendly and willing to talk about the business, show off concept art, etc. (knowing I was a student). For whatever you find that interests you, there's probably people on-hand who are more than willing to talk about the technology, design, etc. Don't forget to get the names of companies and people's business cards, when appropriate =) (I tend to forget to ask, and it's annoying later when you can't track down the name of a company, or would llike to get back in contact with someone but you haven't got their contact info). I also took my cameraphone and notepad to take down ideas or snap a photo/video of things I thought were cool... that proved useful for me (being of sound mind and short memory!)...

Gotta get to bed... hope you have a fun time at the conference!

Edited by: Holly3216 at: 4/10/06 11:20 pm
diddymo13
(4/11/06 7:40 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: IAAPA Membership? Sounds pretty interesting! Thanks for the reminder on the business cards. I would have done the same thing.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: