Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Universal Creative at Universal Studios Orlando

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Universal Creative at Universal Studios Orlando Reply with quote

niversal Creative at Universal Studios Orlando 3/29/06

I am a current college student majoring in Digital Arts and Design in Orlando, FL. After I graduate I would really like to gain employment in the theme park design industry here in Orlando. There are many amazing companies here that create rides/attraction designs for theme parks, in particular I am extremely interested in Universal Studios. Universal Studios has their own in house design studio which I'm sure most of you know about called Universal Creative. It's set up in very much the same way that Disney is in the way that Disney has Imagineering.

My question is, how would I go about applying for an entry level position or internship at Universal Creative? Does Universal Creative even hire entry level designers or offer internships?

I have been on the main Universal Studios website searching for jobs/internships but I have not been able to find a specific web page or website dedicated just to Universal Creative. I know that Universal Studios, Hollywood relocated it's creative division to Orlando a few years ago so I'm assuming that Universal Creative is still located here. I'm just not sure how to go about getting my foot in the door there. I know they hire a decent amount of designers every year for Halloween Horror nights and other themed events throughout the course of the year.

Who do I need to contact to get my portfolio in the right hands?

Thank you to anyone who can provide any information at all.

It is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Kevin Zepf
kevzpf@aol.com

Holly3216
(3/29/06 4:18 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re:Universal Creative
Universal Creative had a website a couple of years ago, but they never really developed it, and then took it down. They are still in Orlando, as are many really great small firms.

Networking seems to be the best way to get any job. Applying to Universal Creative is likely similar to searching for any job... and there's lots of good info out there concerning good job search techniques, how to get a foot in the door while being polite and make a good impression, finding contacts, etc.

I'm working on the internship thing too for the summer... It's not always an easy search... If you're having trouble, some of your professors might have industry contacts... That's the best I can really offer at the moment... Best wishes! I hope you find one that's a good fit.

Edited by: Holly3216 at: 3/29/06 5:02 pm
Meloncov
(3/30/06 1:26 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post RE: Universal Creative I believe Universal Creative as well as many smaller companies post job openings through TEA (themed entertainment association), so it would proably be worthwhile to get a membership with them. As your still a student, it isn't too expensive (about seventy five dollars).

Nate might know more specifecally about Universal Creative, but I haven't seen him around for a while.

naversen1
ezOP
(4/12/06 12:31 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Creative Hey there -

The key to getting in with creative is finding the name of the person in charge of creative staffing. It used to be Dawn Rivera Ernster, but that position has changed. I know the person but I will not give out the name on the net. In any case, just call Creative and they'll fill you in. I'm sure they'd be interested in seeing a resume and a portfolio. If you're good enough at networking, you can get an internship anywhere!

Nate
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: