Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

trip query

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:09 am    Post subject: trip query Reply with quote

Hi guys. Good news. Times two. For me at least.

So first, I'm finally getting back to Disneyland!
My first visit in 2002 sparked this whole interest in theme parks, imagineering, theming and the like (and led to visits to Tokyo Disney Resort and WDW the next year), and I've been looking to get back ever since (it ain't that easy getting there regularly from Australia).

Secondly, I'm getting married, which is fantastic for me, plus it means I can go to Disneyland as part of the honeymoon (on the way to the World Lacrosse Championships in Canada). So things are looking sweet: two of my great loves combined: my soon-to-be wife and Disneyland!

(Yeah, I know, the two points should be the other way around, but being themed attraction fans, I thought you'd appreciate the first point more...)

OK, the reason you're hearing about this is I wanted to hear people's opinions on a couple of things regarding Disneyland. I've been on these forums for the last four years, so I know the people here know their stuff.

1. We'll be spending 4? days in Anaheim, and most if not all of those at Disneyland. It will be end of June/ beginning of July, so unfortunately it's the busy period. Thus, How many of the rides do you think we'll get onto each day? I know it's not an exact science, but in people's experience, what have the crowds been like at this time. What are the wait-times like?

My fiance has never been to Disneyland. After telling her all about it for the last four years, I'm finally getting to take her. So, any tips on when to hit the big rides (Pirates, Mansion, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Indy)? Morning? Night? Lunchtime?

Apart from Disney hotels, does anyone have recommendations for accommodation in Anaheim? I stayed at the Super 8 last time, but that's not an option this trip.

Anything else I need to remember?

Does anyone have any sites they want to recommend regarding trip info?

I'll also be making a stop at Universal Studios to check out the Mummy (which was opened after I visited in 2002).

Thanks everyone,

Chad

Edited by: chadlockwood at: 3/1/06 12:04 am
Holly3216
(3/1/06 5:59 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: trip query

Congratulations Chad! I hope you have a great Honeymoon!

I've never been to Disneyland. Intercot has a great site for WDW, and at the very least, from their "West" site, you can get an idea about what the attendence will be like...

www.intercotwest.com/reso...oVisit.asp

Have a great trip!

naversen1
ezOP
(4/17/06 12:25 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: trip query Here's the scoop:

Attendance is light until Memorial Day weekend, when it is heavy. Then the attendance spikes down the following week to the least attended weekend in the summer. My recommendation is to visit the park 1 week after any major holiday. Then the attendance increases steeply throughout the summer until labor day, peaking in late July.

In general, you will be able to get in 11 attractions per day. That's what they program, so you'll be able to see about 11 attractions or shows.

Nate
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: