Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Ride closing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Ride closing Reply with quote

Just thought I'd mention... It seems "Back to the Future" at Universal Studios will be closing. This is sad news... If anyone hears rumors of other closings, or anything about what they will be doing with that space (and the huge IMAX screens!) drop a post...

In the news of new things:
www.orlandosentinel.com/b...-headlines
I hope this becomes a permanent installation... I've been dreaming that things like this might be possible to do, and am really interested in seeing what the tests reveal... This is opening up avenues of guest interaction that are *really* exciting and seamless with the park (even though it involves physical elements that interact with you)... Rockin'!

Meloncov
(9/10/06 12:30 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post RE: Ride Closing
Do you know if they are demolishing the ride system, or just totally redoing the theming? The material is getting a little dated...

Holly3216
(9/10/06 11:27 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: RE: Ride Closing
Yeah... the content is getting dated...but it's still a great ride...

I haven't talked to my chums lately, so I don't know what the word on the street is... I hope they'll be re-using the ride system...

Kevin2244
(10/1/06 8:20 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Ride Closing Yes it is ashame to see BTTF close. It was and still is one of my favorite theme park rides when USO opened back in 1990. Since then however the ride has lost a bit of it's initial charm. I almost feel as if it has been the ride that Universal has neglected over the years. Have you been on it lately? I went on it again a couple months ago and I can say that the building/que line is in need of a new paint job and some other fix ups. The motion base vehicles don't seem to be as smooth as they used to be. However in my opinion it is still one of the most creative theme park rides of all time. It's a true classic that I know a lot of people will miss.

Onto the subject of what will take BTTF's place. I talked to some friends of mine who work for Universal and they were telling me that the rumor around USO is that they are going to be turning it into an attraction themed around The Simpons. They used the term "Simpons Village" but I'm not sure about any of the details of what that might entail. All anyone seems to know is that it's going to be some kind of Simpons based attraction. I don't know if it will incorporate the IMAX film or not or if they are going to completely demolish the building and create something different. Like I said it's just a rumor so it may or may not be completely true. I guess we'll all be finding out within the next few months.

dougbain
(10/30/06 2:57 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Ride Closing Would that be just in Florida, or Hollywood, too?
wewamiller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Back to the future Reply with quote

Yea I heard the BTTF in Hollywood is closing also. But is the simpsons thing just for the Florida resort? Or will that be what is replacing BTTF in Hollywood also
nate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: funny you should mention it Reply with quote

At Universal Creative, I was actually working on the Hollywood version of the Simpsons ride to replace Back to the Future. They're doing them both simultaneously. I can't say much more than that, but it's not a secret that this is what's happening because the sign is up on the sides of the attraction. I love working on that attraction.. fun stuff! Especially with such talented people like Chris Lauren, Mike West and Jen Sauer.

Nate
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: