Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Tower of Terror

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Tower of Terror Reply with quote

I was near Disneyland Resort Paris this summer, and I could see into the Studios from the DisneyVillage parking garage. I could see what looked very similar to the Tower of Terror construction pictures. Are they building one there?

No Limits Thriller
(10/26/06 12:08 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Tower of Terror
Yup, they are. Copy of the DCA one I believe. Should open in october '07 Smile

dancinbelle
(10/27/06 4:09 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post language Who will they have do the narration? It'll probably be done in French, so will they keep the Rod Serling video clip?

No Limits Thriller
(11/1/06 4:29 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Tower of Terror From what I've heard, there'll be 2 pre-show rooms, one with French and one with English narratives...

dancinbelle
(11/1/06 1:01 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Tower of Terror Good, it will help, since the ride has such a strong story-based background. Do Europeans watch dubbed versions of the Twilight Zone?

No Limits Thriller
(11/1/06 1:15 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Tower of Terror I think the question should be "Do Europeans watch the Twilight Zone at all". Haha. Nah, it is known of course over here, but probably to a lesser extent.

Dubbing...well, it depends on the country. I am from the Netherlands. Things usually get subtitled over here. But I know France and Germany are so much in love with their own languages that they'd rather kill off any atmosphere in a film by spending too much money on voice-overs.

And yes, I am aware that I'm not being entirely objective here Wink

dancinbelle
(11/2/06 4:40 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Storyline It is certainly harder to get into the feel of a ride if you don't know what's going on. Phantom Manor is the best example of how a storyline really is carried by what is said. It is the most confusing and disorientating ride I've ever ridden.

No Limits Thriller
(11/2/06 5:01 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Storyline Yes, that's true. But I'm not sure if even the French realise the story - I think the French introduction in the preshow is not very clear and very cryptic. On the plus side, Phantom Manor is pretty much the only pleace where I appreciate the use of French - it makes for a very mysterious and creepy atmosphere Smile

dancinbelle
(11/2/06 10:56 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Storyline Well, I guess anything is more mysterious when you don't know what's going on! Originally, the pre-show was done by Vincent Price, but the French got made so they redid it. They kept Price's laugh, which is great. You can hear the spiel at DoomBuggies.com.

No Limits Thriller
(11/2/06 11:58 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Tower of Terror Can't say I agree: French speaking Caribbean pirates are not mysterious, but rather annoying Wink

dancinbelle
(11/3/06 7:46 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Tower of Terror The stragest one I've heard was German-speaking Mexican miners!:lol

No Limits Thriller
(11/6/06 9:08 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Phantasialand?
Are you talking about Phantasialand's Silber Mine darkride?

Really crappy ride, but I love the finale!

dancinbelle
(11/6/06 11:04 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Phantasialand? The one and only!:lol Though C-3PO (@ StarTours in DLP) in different languages was pretty funny too.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: