Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

What's everyone up to?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: What's everyone up to? Reply with quote

Hi holly! Current projects? So I see lately that people have been posting...

Anyone still around?

I wonder what you all have been up to lately in your creative lives. Any new projects? As mentioned in my "oh so wonderful but neglected" hobby thread, I'm still in college, but working my way up the ranks.

I've officially designed a show - Sound Designer. Right now i'm "Assistant to" Scenic Designer, meaning I might get my own show soon in scenic.

I was also recently Master Carpenter for a show, meaning I put in my time and labor in the fabrication side of things - amnd I've done lots of work on paint and propr crews in various positions from assistant to just crew.

Here's some recent photos..

Romeo and Juliet - Sound Designer and also did much of paint work you'll see below.

I really thought the set was great, nice whimsical feel. The floor was a bear to paint though, and the process on the walls took forever and millions of coats.

Ok, enough of that.. a little further back to a different show. Lysistrate - Master Carpenter, and more painting. This set was tons of corregated steel that needed to be aged/rusted.

I need to hunt down a good photo of the temple too..

Here, you can see some of the aged steel in this photo - to think that came to us bright shiny and brand new.

Well, that's just a breif look at what i've been up to lately - what about you folks? Holly? Smile

Holly3216
(9/18/06 9:20 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post ...

Holla! lol... Thanks for the shout-out.

Looks like you've been up to some great stuff! I don't have much new to share. I interned at a themed design firm over the summer, and now I'm back at school, working on the semester... Trying to make some plans for the future... I had some personal things that I was dealing with for a while... I think I'm ready to start being proactive again, though, and get rolling... How great that you will get your own show soon! It sounds like things are going a lot better... It's good to hear from you once again... Great to see your work! Keep in touch =)

jeffreyyapp
(11/6/06 10:40 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post What I'm Up To Wow, it's been too long!

I'm currently directing a production called THE VEGANS OF PROVINCETOWN, a parody of THE PIRATES OF PENZANCE. Vegetarians vs. Meat Eaters. The script they wrote is absolutely brilliant. I'm in pre-production now and the show makes it world premier in April. I can't wait!

I'm also co-planning a fundraiser Holiday Concert and Carnival for the AIDS foundation in St. Louis through my job at Starbucks. I'm in the choir at the MCC Church of Greater St. Louis and our concert is the week before. I'm doing a lot of singing the next 2 months!

AND, I've still be working with Tonya (HoloReality) on the Paidia Project. Can't say more than that yet, but I am thrilled!

Jeffrey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: