Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

The most shocking thing since Disneyland.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: The most shocking thing since Disneyland. Reply with quote

.. Hi,

I just came across this clip from the track "Invincible" from Muse:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=F...ain%3D7869

I was truly shocked. Firstly, the theme of this clip is *exactly* the theme of the [imaginary] park I am currently designing. So I am a little bit frustrated right now. But that isn't even the point here. The point is that this small world-styled darkride they show in the clip is very *very* good. In fact, with the message it is sending, if it were a real darkride and not just the virtual design that it is, it would probably be the best darkride in at least a decade. Go figure, virtual, non-existent darkrides that function as the background for music clips are better in quality than today's real theme park rides! What on earth has allowed that to happen?!

P.S. I guess we can now conclude the discussion wether darkrides can be story-telling mediums?

Edited by: No Limits Thriller at: 3/21/07 2:01 pm
dougbain
(3/21/07 9:53 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: The most shocking thing since Disneyland...
Pretty incredible graphics and story going on behind the song. More rides should be like this - dark rides ARE a great medium for storytelling. The creative imaginations seem to be held back too much by budgets now (though some get more creative and make it work, anyway). It would be great to see more that aren't constrained by any budget!

grant in uk
(3/22/07 4:15 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: The most shocking thing will leave Disneyland standing!! Enter the DREAM MAKER RIDE:

It's an interesting link

I'm sure that future "dark rides" will be better done in a virtual manner than in a physical way.

No matter how designers try to get into the mind of someone on a physical Ride to convince them that they are experiencing horrors or delights, nothing is ever going to beat the final quest of designing the dream-maker ride.

In the Dream-maker ride, our participants are asleep or hypnotised into feeling they are actually asleep. Dream sequences are 'fed' into the mind and each person on the virtual 'ride' is monitored to make sure their ACTUAL reactions are within safe limits.

Machinimation experts ( e.g. www.machinima.com) are now filming real-time action to produce movies so it's not going to be too long before dark-rides can be created real-time, by one dreamer, to be shared with another (willing) dreamer.

The mind of most people can self-design dreams . Few are understandable even by their creator. If you add a 'designer' facet to these dreams, you can start to produce (manipulate) storylines thus create a controlled experience for participants.

At the moment, those who study dreams are not working alongside enough theme park designers, Machinimators and animators but the horizon's out there and that's where we're heading.

So tell me, who would YOU share YOUR dreams with hmmmm ???

Best wishes from :
the HoBB Gardens
and Project House, Wales, UK

Grant
(Futurist and Creative Designer)[img][/img]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: