Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Buzz Prices 7 waves of influence by Walt's Disneyland

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Buzz Prices 7 waves of influence by Walt's Disneyland Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm afraid I did something incredibly stupid. I just finished reading "Walt's Revolution: By the numbers". Then I loaned (lent? - sorry, English is not my first language) it to a friend.

But now I figured I need a little bit of information from the book. Can anybody on here who has it please help me?

I'm looking for the 7 waves of influence Walt's revolution has had on the rest of the entertainment industry. He desribes all 7 in his book. Which ones were they again?

Many, many thanks in advance!
Tonny

naversen1
ezOP
(5/27/05 9:34 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Buzz Prices 7 waves of influence by Walt's Disneyland
I've got the book. I'll get the answer for you when I get the time.

Nate

jeffreyyapp
(5/27/05 6:25 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Waves of influence Sorry I haven't been able to respond! I've had my hands very full and haven't had a chance to pull the book out. I'm in the typical "hurry up and wait" point right now, so I'll go ahead and post them.

Wave 1- regionalizing new attraction parks
Wave 2- World's Fair as attraction laboratory
Wave 3-Expanding the attraction business overseas
Wave 4-Cross over by non-prophets
Wave 5-Location based entertainment
Wave 6-gaming as product development laboratory for the attraction business

(unless Im mistaken there are only 6 in the book)

Hope this helps,
Jeffrey

No Limits Thriller
(5/28/05 3:06 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Waves of influence Ah, there are 6 huh? Sorry, my memory isn't that good it seems :\ Wink

By the way, what did he mean with wave 1 "regionalizing new attraction parks"? Just that many new park were built, or is there more to it than that?

Anyway, thank you so much for this!Very Happy

Edited by: No Limits Thriller at: 5/28/05 3:49 am
jeffreyyapp
(5/28/05 5:49 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post no problem Glad I could help, just had to dig the book out. I need to re-read it. Smile

Regionalizing new attraction parks was about the onset of themed entertainment as an industry, basically, with companies like Six flags, Universal, etc. following suit.

No Limits Thriller
(6/2/05 11:40 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: no problem One more question: Any idea if there is more than 1 edition of this book in existence? I bought this book in may from Amazon - any idea which edition that would probably be?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: