Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

What do you love?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: What do you love? Reply with quote

I was wondering... What do you love most about this industry? What really inspires you? I think for each of us, there is something that really grabbed us and made us want to be part of the "magic"... What was is for you?

Aloric
(3/28/07 6:42 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post love..
Epcot.. just Epcot..

Two phrases in particular...

"A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark, in me and you."

"If we can dream it, then we can do it."

dancinbelle
(3/29/07 8:39 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Inspiration and anger According to my family, I have been designing rides forever. I also like to find Disney trivia and drive my parents nuts with it. I had wanted to be an archeologist, but when I realized I can't write my way out of a paper bag, I turned to this.

Last January, my friends and I went to Disneyland Paris. While riding it' a small world (and taping it Wink ), I noticed that the ceiling is white tile. It looks absolutely completely and totally AWFUL!! >: I want to do something about it.

I want to make people happy. (how noble :lol ) My paternal great-grandfather was offered a job, because he was a housepainter when they were building Diseny World. He didn't take the job because he didn't want to move his family. My maternal grandmother remebers the giant whole in the ground at Disneyland when they were working on Pirates of the Caribbean. Both of my parents went to Disney parks often when they were kids, so I guess you can say it's in my blood.

Sorry that was so long! Surprised

No Limits Thriller
(3/30/07 4:27 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Inspiration and anger One name: Reflections of Earth Smile

Holly3216
(4/7/07 6:08 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Inspiration and anger What is it about Epcot? When I had my season pass, I was there 50% of the time... I love it... most of my theme-parking friends prefer it... It seems like, if you're over 20, Epcot is just a haven of happy peacefulness... well that, and Illuminations rocks...period! I wonder what it is about that place...

No Limits Thriller
(4/17/07 1:41 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Inspiration and anger Although I only spend half a day there, I think it's because it's adult-oriented. At least that does it for me. I dislike a lot of things about Epcot, but it's one of only if not the only theme park for adults. Disneyland is great, but these days, far to "childish", and it's even marketed as that; a kids park. Oh well...

dancinbelle
(4/18/07 11:14 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Epcot Epcot is a nice break for adults. After a few days in the other parks, Epcot allows you to turn on your mind. I have lots of memories from Epcot, such as when I was sick from eating to much at Alfredo's! Every time we go to Epcot, we run into an Italian lady who performs there. At this point, she can recognize my family!:lol Epcot's also great for the nerdy kids who like museums (my self included 8o !)

Holly3216
(4/19/07 11:44 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Epcot Now that I think back, Epcot had some magical moments for me as a kid as well. I grew up in the north, and went to amusement parks, so when I came down here when I was 7 or 8, I was really floored by Disney. I don't have a lot of memories of the trip, but I remember seeing animatronic people at one of the Epcot attractions, how surprised I was when the theatre at Universe of Energy broke apart and went into the dinosaur world, how scary I thought the nightmare section of Journey to Imagination was, and how nervous I was when the ride vehicle in Spaceship Earth leaned backward... I think it impressed itself in my memory because Epcot challenged me to try to understand things I was unfamiliar with, and at some points could only begin to grasp...so my mind was constantly engaged with what was physically going on, and then with what the message was... Magic Kingdom, you don't really need to understand anything -- you just experience it... I think when people lament the way Epcot is going, maybe they are lamenting new attractions that no longer really challenge people... they are just things to experience... which begins to make Epcot more similar to other parks (Disney or non-Disney), rather than the unique place that it originally was intended to be...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: