Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Tokyo DisneySea Tower of Terror

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Tokyo DisneySea Tower of Terror Reply with quote

Have you all seen photos of the new Tower of Terror at Tokyo DisneySeas? I think it's pretty drop-dead fabulous (of course, feel free to disagree). The attraction's website is pretty amazing too -- someone took a lot of time on this stuff... If you need a break, it might be fun to wander through Smile

justinspace.com/blog/?p=381

www.tot1899.com/english/

Kept wanting to share that with ya'll... Kept forgetting...

No Limits Thriller
(5/2/07 5:46 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Tower of Terror
Hi,

Of course, a lot of things on this version look fabulous. But somehow, I don't like the look of the building. Too many details perhaps, it just looks too made-up.

Holly3216
(5/2/07 7:55 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Tower of Terror It definitely looses the "creepy" factor... but then, it definitely gets the idea across that it was built by someone eccentric. I am amazed how much it looks like a real building, rather than a facade trying to draw your attention... and I kindof wonder if the grandness and formality makes it even scarier... if you brain says: "wow...this reminds me of places I've been or seen in photos..." but things begin to wrong...

Some theatrical designers say not to design a set that reveals the end of the play as soon as the curtain opens (for example, the MGM Tower pretty much indicates what's going to happen to the guest from the exterior...basically the whole story is there)... For theatrical design, if you have a character go insane, you could create a set that reflects his imbalance and psychosis when the curtain opens... but often it is better to let the set look more normal and reflect the world of the other characters, or to seem normal and then slowly fall apart... it gives you a contrast that draws the dramatic curves more sharply for the audience... If they know from the beginning that he's going to lose his mind, base on the set, there is no surprise or joy for the audience in finding the journey the character takes because they already knew it... I'd really like to see the reviews for this attraction, and see if people think it is better or worse than previous versions of the Tower of Terror... Theme parks are kind of a different medium than theatre or film, so it may not follow through... at the same time, I am glad to see someone trying something a bit different with an exterior and really go all out (even if they probably overdid it a bit).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: