Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Holiday Park

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Holiday Park Reply with quote

My physics class went on a field trip to Holiday Park on the 22nd. We were going to collect data about the acceleration of gravity on the free-fall tower, or on the the swinging pirate ship. Well, 1 person managed to get data before the laptop died, so we got to go do what we wanted for the rest of the day. I rode the Expedetion G-force twice. The second time my friend and I sat up in the front seat. That first drop is absoultely AWESOME!!:eek Is there any other ride with an opening drop like that?

Holly3216
(6/1/07 9:11 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Holiday Park
What sort of drop is it? We did the same sort of things in high school at Busch Gardens. We used old-fashioned paper and pencil though (this was right after stone tablets went out of vogue... Wink...). We had 3 people in our group... Two of us hated roller coasters... So we sent the third girl on all of the coasters and took speed measurements while she rode... She kept forgetting to measure the G-forces at the right times, though... She kept having to go again...and again... and again... She loved roller coasters at the beginning of the day... I'm no so sure she did at the end! Glad you all had fun! Don't you wish all school days were like that?

dancinbelle
(6/8/07 7:55 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Holiday Park These pages have pictures. There are probably better pictures out there, but I think these are good.

www.clickmagique.com/Pics...Park.shtml

www.answers.com/topic/roller-coaster

All I know is that it is terrifying in the front seat!!

Holly3216
(6/8/07 1:23 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Holiday Park Gosh... a twisting first drop... I don't know! I throw this question to our resident roller coaster designer again Smile

No Limits Thriller
(6/21/07 3:29 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Holiday Park Well, GeForce's drop is more or less unique - created due to lack of space! Intamin Rocketcoasters often have top hats, with the dropping part of these elements being a bit similar to GeForce's drop. Take Knott's Xcelerator for instance ( see www.rcdb.com for further info). But on Top Hats, the drop is completely vertical, whereas on GeForce it's about 85 degrees. Still, it is an amazing drop - and a great ride!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: