Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Pitching attraction ideas

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Pitching attraction ideas Reply with quote

hey there

I'm new to the forum. I have a lot of questions and I'm so glad I've found this forum!

I am boiling over with ideas for rides and attractions. I am an experienced writer and graphic designer. I have a BA in Digital Media and an Assoc of Science in Film and Video. I also have many years as a traditional studio artist.

I've been living in the Orldnao area for a few years and I'm just now starting to get my bearings and really feel like I can dig my heels into a larger new project.

I know that Nate works at Univeral and there are also people that have worked with Disney. What's the proper protocol for pitching new attraction ideas? Who might I talk to? I'm used to pitching scripts to people, and this is a little different, so I know I need to do a lot of networking. Any help would be really great. I'm also out of work right now, so I'm looking for writer gigs and graphic design jobs--anythign to deal with entertainment and media production.

Thanks so much! I look forward to getting to know all of you better.

naversen1
ezOP
(6/22/07 9:19 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post reply
Eddie -

I would like to contact Joe Lanzisero. Is there anyone who may have his mailing address? I have an idea for a concept/theme for Disney World that I would like to share with him. I don't want any money. I don't want to become an Imagineer. I just want him to listen to the idea. If he likes it, I would love no more than the joy of seeing it become a reality. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Edwin

Edwin -

Nothing stops you from calling WDI (818-544-6500) and looking him up. My experience with WDI legal policy is that guys like Joe and I aren't allowed to listen to Attraction ideas from the outside (free or not.)

There have been issues with people telling us their ideas and later suing WDI as if we had stolen them. In many cases we were already working on something similar, so we out and out stopped hearing suggestions.

- Eddie Sotto

debfavre
(6/22/07 10:32 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: reply oh and just as a side note, I misspell things sometimes because I am mildly dislexic. I have to use spell checker all the time and I didn't see one on the forum.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: