Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Please Help

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iqueue

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Please Help Reply with quote

I've been given the responsibility of purchasing TWINKLING LIGHTS similar to those that are in the trees of Main Street's Hub, Disneyland for a church production.

I've scoured scores of sites online, and to no avail. There are Christmas lights, but none that are similar to those used by the folks at Disneyland.

Any useful information would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Hail Fantasmic!
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure they're not just christmas lights? Why don't you describe the application or effect you're trying to get and we can make recommendations. Or perhaps you can post a link or pictures that will describe what you're looking for. Are you sure Christmas tree lights won't work? That's what I'd use... especially for a temporary attraction. For $.99 a string, it's a bargain!
iqueue

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we need the type of Christmas lights where some remain on constantly, while others blink. To give that random sparkling, pixie dust effect.

I've only seen Christmas tree lights that chase and those that blink on and off as a whole.
rcj3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't you use multiple strings of lights? Run a few strands that remain on contantly and a few strands that have the blinky bulb added to the strand. Most Christmas light sets come with a blinky bulb included. Just a thought. The blinky bulb in my tree lighting experiences makes all the lights go off together on that strand and not chase each other.

Chris
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are definitely strings available where each light blinks individually. Or like the previous post mentioned, you could definitely use two strings together. It's a theatrical production so there's no reason it has to last more than a few weeks. I think you're golden to go in this direction, no?
icandrawem2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they actually do make strings of lights where a certain number of the bulbs twinkle and the others burn steady. I would go visit planetchristmas.com and there are tons of links there that can help you find what you need. Hope that helps.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: