Themed Forum Index Themed
Welcome to the official message boards for
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kirsten K.; Orlando, FL, USA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Kirsten K.; Orlando, FL, USA Reply with quote

Kirsten K.; Orlando, FL, USA Hello all,

Used to belong to the board in the Eddie days... Now I'm back hanging around again, so here's the update!

Graduated UCF in Spring 2004 with a degree in Computer Animation. In the fall I started working for Cybis Communications, a company that produces conferences (sound, lights, graphics, scripts, stage design and direction, etc.). I do a lot of graphics (2D and 3D), video editing (Premiere, After Effects), and some odds and ends (creating DVD labels, operating tv cameras, and doing routine setup in VT3).

In the fall, I will be going back to school to get an MA in Visual Language and Interactive Media. I have received a fellowship, and so I will continue working with Cybis -- except that I will probably attend less conferences (since these often involve a full week of travel).

Specifically, my degree will focus on Production Design, working with the MCL at the Institute for Simulation and Training to create unique interactive experiences. I am excited because I will be working with a full team (wide array of talents), and my advisor has worked professionally in Production Design. So although the program is new, it looks like a great opportunity to learn the craft and polish my drawing and presentation skills. Smile

Right now, I am working on as yet unnamed project with the MCL. Instead of having the technology be the core of our project, we are working with 3 stories with interlocking themes involving the spaces between life and death, and the continuum between memory and reality...

We will be building interfaces that serve as metaphors and but are extremely intuitive for the user as well. Our goal is to provide satisfying story in a believable environment, but still provide plenty of space for the person to use their imagination to fill in the details. There's not much I can say right now, since we have a long way to go. But the environment concepts are looking to be beautiful. Very Happy We are aiming for SIGGRAPH or ICEMAR, most likely 2006.

I guess that's everything! In my free time, I write, draw, read a lot, watch movies and of course enjoy the amenities of Orlando (but not too much...)!

Kudos to Nate for keeping this site running and successful for so long. Takes a lot of work!

To the rest, best of luck on all of your dreams and ambitions...
Ad stellus aspiramus (To the stars we aspire!)

(5/31/05 12:40 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post lunch
If you ever want to go to lunch since you're in town, let me know. It's always good to network. Drop me a line when you get the chance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Themed Forum Index -> Our Guest Book All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: