Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

WDI Paris Hello :)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Post a project - post a resume
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: WDI Paris Hello :) Reply with quote

I believe at one time there was a branch of WDI based at the Paris park - does anyone know if it is still there? I've tried finding out from Disney, but not got any direct replies to my inquiries.
I mainly want to know because I'm wanting to sort out a work placement for next year as part of my degree course (Museum & Exhibition Design in the UK).

Thankyou!

Sam

feralchicken
(6/26/06 4:16 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: WDI Paris
I'm assuming no one knows anything about this then? Very Happy

Well, I've managed to establish that I can't do a US-based internship as I'm not enrolled at a US institution. Oh well. Back to scouring the 'net for information. Smile

Sam

repmek
(7/7/06 1:44 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post DLPI The address for Disneyland Paris Imagineering (DLPI) is

Disneyland Paris Imagineering
Boite Postale 109
77777 Marne La Vallee Cedex 4
FRANCE

Good luck

feralchicken
(7/11/06 10:42 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: DLPI Oooh, thankyou very much!!!
feralchicken

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd just follow up on my original post... it would appear that there is an office of WDI in DLP and the address given is valid, as I got a very nice letter informing me that there were no opportunities for work experience... oh well!

Sam
nate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: at little advice Reply with quote

If I might share a story with you: I got my first rejection letter from Universal Studios about 3 weeks after I was already working there. The thing you need to realize is that this is a very small industry and the human resources department is not part of it. So all you need to do is what I did (and every successful consultant does) is bypass the human resources department and contact the people you want to network with directly. There's an art to this of course, and you have to be careful that you're not seen as a nuisance, but rather, someone who can truly help them. Especially when you're starting out, it's better to ask them for advice for a 'guy who's just starting out'. And get experience however you can. Eventually, they'll need a guy like you because believe it or not, there aren't too many people in this world who understand theming. I got several jobs with virtually no experience just because I understood how it all went together.

So don't say 'oh well'... try gain!

Nate
feralchicken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouragement! I am now trying a different avenue of communication. Smile

Sam
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let me know how it goes. Your best tack is to be able to say, "I do cad. I do photoshop. I build models".... whatever it is that you do. If you have something to offer, people generally can point you in the right direction. Even if you don't know the direction you should be going, sometimes if you're polite enough, you can have them tell you which way you should be going.

Best of luck!

Nate
DancinBelle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get a job at DLP, can you do something about it's a small world PLEASE?!? The ceiling is distracting! Mad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Post a project - post a resume All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: