Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

new coaster at Universal... coming soon!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: new coaster at Universal... coming soon! Reply with quote

The story just broke....it will be a great coaster. Glad the secret's out so I can finally tell my friends. Did you guys see that first drop? It looks like a doozy!

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A new state-of-the-art roller coaster scheduled to open at Universal Studios Orlando theme park will hover over the heads of visitors as it winds the length of the park during customized adventures.

The Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Roller Coaster ride will send visitors through the theme park and feature a record-breaking loop, Local 6 has learned.

Riders will also be able to make choices on their adventure.

"This is the first time you'll be able to create your own movie, select your own music score for the movie and do it -- all while you are riding one of the most state-of-the-art thrill rides," Universal Studios representative Mark Woodbury said.

The attraction will be built between the Blue Man Group Theater and the entrance to the park.

"From what I'm hearing, Universal is going to be one of the number 1 places to go," tourist Bill Koeing said.

Despite the sagging economy, Universal continues to build.

The park will soon feature a Simpson's-themed ride and a Harry Potter attraction.

Park officials said the growth is possible because people still want to vacation.

"Look around," Woodbury said. "We have a great crowd here today. It is a beautiful day in Central Florida."

Disney's President Meg Crofton said even though the ride is competition, it will benefit everyone.

"Actually, we are always very excited when anyone in Central Florida offers reasons for visitors to come to Central Florida," Crofton said. "We are all in the tourism industry together."

The roller coaster is set to open in January 2009.
icandrawem2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well im shocked, I had no idea they were planning something before HP opens in '10. Sounds more like a thrill ride than a themed ride though. From what i hear, the HP coaster will use industrial robot arm technology along with a conventional roller coaster track...but thats just what i hear/read. So this coaster that youre talking about will be a part of studios and not IOA? Sounds interesting.
Holly
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... If they are, then... yay, kuka arm! There are rumors that Disney had some sort of idea like that for an Incredibles ride (using a kuka industrial arm to lift up the ride vehicle)... but now kuka is exclusively Universal's from what I hear... Sounds like it could be very interesting... I don't ride roller coasters (just don't like it)... But I will keep an eye out for ride video when it's built! Universal has to be getting close to rivalling Busch Gardens for coasters and thrill rides...
icandrawem2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but i think cedar fair has them all beat as far as thrill rides go, more specifically Cedar Point.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: