Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

The Subs are back! The Subs are back!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Theme Park Attraction Review - Be the first to review a new (or classic) theme park ride
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steamboatwillie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: The Subs are back! The Subs are back! Reply with quote

OK, so a couple weeks ago I posted about my visit to Disneyland's Magic Kingdom. First off, thank you all for the replies, it REALLY helped getting some third-party perspective.

But in all my obsession with the maladjusted demographics at the park I COMPLETELY forgot to comment on the Finding Nemo subs. Has anyone been on this? I actually really enjoyed it.

The integrated projected animation was a little weak and it didn't seem to blend too-well into the "real" world. But the "diving" effect was pretty awesome AND come on, you're in a sub at Disneyland in the ORIGINAL lagoon (take that east coast, j/k).

My only complaint is that prior to riding FINDING NEMO I had talked to a former Imagineer who told me that the original concept was to do ALIEN ENCOUNTER on a sub. Remember ALIEN ENCOUNTER at WDW?? Now imagine it on a sub, underwater -- I know, would have been insane. But the the powers that be weren't too keen on ATLANTIS' less-than-earth-shattering box office receipts and my guess is that it probably didn't have that age-old Disney Family charm.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed the ride and just a little sidenote, if and when you check it out -- note that there is no fastpass. Yep, that's right, everyone has the pleasure of waiting in this horrendous line. Happy diving Smile
Holly
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... Alien Encounter didn't too much fit with the family atmosphere of the Magic Kingdom... So I would imagine that is why they changed it (plus parents probably wouldn't do a baby swap to go on it)...

I still miss 20,000 Leagues here at WDW... Even with Ariel's grotto and the Pooh's playground, that area back there still seems like a sad hole as you pass it... *sigh* Everytime I go by, I remember that there was something there, and what is there currently looks like (because it probably is) filler. Still, the Finding Nemo at Epcot is a nice, happy ride (even if the queue area frightens some small children because of the darkness). The effects make the characters seem real within their story environments (although yes, too bright for the real tanks), which is really nice to see.

Thanks for the report on the Finding Nemo Subs!... maybe someday I will make it out there to Disneyland to see it!
Tedward

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family and I enjoyed it about a month ago. It was our last ride of the day and we missed the fireworks (well we saw about 40% of them from the line) and it was the longest lineup we were in all day but we all thought it was one of the best rides we went on. We were two adults and three kids (10,6,2) and my wife and I had been on the 20,000 Leagues ride when we were kids. Funny but our sub was named [i]Nautilus[/i].

One of the things that made it great was that it felt like we got "our money's worth" after waiting for 45 minutes. Earlier my wife had waited 40 minutes to take our 6 year-old daughter on Peter Pan and been really ticked off so a nice long submarine ride was great.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Theme Park Attraction Review - Be the first to review a new (or classic) theme park ride All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: