Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Should more cast members/actors be used in theme parks?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dman383

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Should more cast members/actors be used in theme parks? Reply with quote

I've always thought there weren't enough actual cast members/actors used in Disney theme parks to bring across the authentic experience.
Instead, all the focus has been put on AA and theming, but you always need that human touch.

For instance, on Hollywood Blvd in DHS, there's always a few actors there playing around, but only a few vs the thousands of ppl crowding around them which takes away from the experience.

Wouldn't it make much more of a difference if there were dozens of actors playing roles throughout DHS, or even at individual countries in World Showcase? Even if they're just acting as passerby type, that would just add to the experience and make you feel as if you're in that country.

I've always felt they needed more actors there to really make you feel like you're part of the action, but I guess there are cost/capacity concerns that come up.
kingslyZISSOU

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Should more cast members/actors be used in theme parks? Reply with quote

[quote="dman383"]I've always thought there weren't enough actual cast members/actors used in Disney theme parks to bring across the authentic experience.
Instead, all the focus has been put on AA and theming, but you always need that human touch.

For instance, on Hollywood Blvd in DHS, there's always a few actors there playing around, but only a few vs the thousands of ppl crowding around them which takes away from the experience.

Wouldn't it make much more of a difference if there were dozens of actors playing roles throughout DHS, or even at individual countries in World Showcase? Even if they're just acting as passerby type, that would just add to the experience and make you feel as if you're in that country.

I've always felt they needed more actors there to really make you feel like you're part of the action, but I guess there are cost/capacity concerns that come up.[/quote]

Personally, i usually avoid these actors/ characters. They pretty much irritate me. The only time i have ever enjoyed actors at a park was at dhs, and they were doing a fake movie shoot. they did a good job, but most park actors are really bad. its just the quality.
tomspindlerdesigns

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i most defiently think that there should be more actors in theme parks, just look at the impact halloween horror nights have with all their actors wandering the parks.

Actors should be hired to create more of an atmosphere to certain points of theming around the park - whenever i am at disney i always look out for the characters and when they are spotted they make mine and my friends/familys days so much more entertaining and enjoyable as though we have actually met characters from that World.

The use of actors should be used much more, this is something that we lack here in the Uk.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: