Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Imagineer Tony Baxter speaks about Storytelling

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holly
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Imagineer Tony Baxter speaks about Storytelling Reply with quote

Focus your iTunes on a podcast called "A Window to the Magic" (I'm sure there are other ways to access this podcast... that just happens to be the one that I use) and download episode #146. The second half of the show (about 25 minutes in), is a speech by Tony Baxter about storytelling and imagineering. Just happened across it, and thought ya'll might enjoy it too Smile
icandrawem2

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like his comment "...if you ask people what they want, they only tell you what they already know." He mentions that we as makers, or designers, have to lead the way into new frontiers, though often frightening and risky. That and giving your design that little bit of personality so that people can relate to it. Thanks for posting that, I enjoyed listening!
Silito

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehh, consulting the public about the future ah themed entertainment is tantamout ta askin accountants what the future ah Rock'll be Cool .
""Hey buddy, how tha hell should I know?"" Razz

The only time creators of any kind should have to fear failure is if they've neglected to exploit critical thought. Many in the creative industry have a bad habit of expediting a design, not only without much in the way of critical thought, but also based solely on the first few drafts they produce. All for the sake ah gettin their resulting minscule profits ROLLIN' ..... QUICK Very Happy. Hense the present condition of entertainment. Film industry acting performances, writing, production integrity and casting are at an all time uneventful, music is as shallow, uninspired and unskilled as it's ever been, most "theme parks" are flagging terribly (not to mention this hopeless fixation on technology Rolling Eyes ) and the BIGGEST problem: no one wants to spend ah dime Mad .

BUT, not taaa worry Wink , the end of the 10 year period(or so eehemm) is fast comin to a close, and it wont happen ah minute too soon
(hehehe, like ah wasteland waitin fer ah DROP! Cool ).
HEEHHHHH..... MOMENTARILY Twisted Evil .
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: