Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Cue horrified gasp..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loric

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Cue horrified gasp.. Reply with quote

Ran across this article on Architecture and Theme Design..

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/orl-talking1908aug19,0,6176459.story

And I must say, the bit toward the bottom on the "participark" and interactive attractions really disturbs me.

I thought we were finally out of the "theme parks should be giant videos games" mentality. That a decent sized firm is talking about it as the wave of the future really bothers me.

What do you think?
DancinBelle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoring isn't good for children's self esteem. Rolling Eyes

That is scary to think about. I sure hope that doesn't happen!
icandrawem2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he is referring to the park as a whole being "score-able" in the sense that on a grand level, it has succeeded. In other words, ranking right up there with the best in the world. I personally dont believe that this participark idea would ever make it to that level. I believe people enjoy the interactivity to a certain extent, myself included, but to create an entire park around that central idea of guest participation, youre gonna disappoint lots of families. Right or wrong, thats what I think. Thanks for posting that loric, that was a good find.
kingslyZISSOU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as Interactive is used now, I think a lot of it is a fad. Interaction coming to more theme park attractions, I think that's the future. It doesn't have to be shooting a video game screen, or even a video game. I think things along the lines of Mission space, and the living character initiative are going to become more common. Theme parks won't be a COMPLETELY passive experience forever.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: