Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Themed attraction attendence.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingslyZISSOU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Themed attraction attendence. Reply with quote

Do you guys (and gals) think that during lowly economic times attendence of say theme parks would decrease or increase?

I've always heard that during times like the great depression, movie attendance shot up as people were looking for an escape from the world.

Do you think the same would happen for theme parks? Or are they too expensive?
Holly
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general, the trend seems to be local attendence up but long distance travelers down... Unless of course, the dollar is down compared to other countries. When the dollar is down, but other currencies are up (like England's or Japan's) it makes it "cheap" for them to come here.

Right now, the way I hear it, airline fares are way up around the globe, so traveling to the US is less enticing, and even within the states the airline prices, gas prices and financial concerns may be hindering travel quite a bit...

I would imagine that you can look forward to more "deals" in the next year or two... Disney has already been advertising limited room discounts at value resorts, and of course next year's promotion of free admission on your birthday at the US resorts. I would imagine they will try not to initiate any ticket price hikes for at least 18 months or until economic indicators start to go up again... but that also means that they might play conservative with "plussing" and adding to the parks for a while... These are things that you will probably see across the board at the theme parks -- not just Disney.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: