Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Theme Park ride/ attraction or new concept pleasure vehicle

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Post a project - post a resume
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeyMike

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Theme Park ride/ attraction or new concept pleasure vehicle Reply with quote

HI,

I am currently in my final year of a transport design degree at Coventry University, United Kingdom. My final project is to design a new theme park ride/ attraction or concept pleasure vehicle. The initial part of my project is to research a wide range of areas as well as theme park rides in order to obtain information for me to base my design on.

Below i is some questions i have devised in order to get peoples general feelings about them parks and rides.

I'm new to this so i guess if you want to answer my questions and message me or e-mail me answers that would be great.

If you have any other information/advice/feelings/suggestions please feel free to let me know as all comments are welcome. :s

Thanks and look forward to hearing off you. =D

[b]QUESTIONS

What factors do you consider when choosing which theme park you are going to go to?

What draws you to a specific ride?

Do you find it easy to navigate around theme parks? are there sufficient tools or facilities for you to do this?

Do you find it easy to move from ride to ride? (consider baggage, personal items as well as navigation, layout etc), how could this improved?

How do you feel waiting for rides could be improved?

What is the best theme park you have been to? why?

Do you feel it is important to establish a running theme throughout the park or just for specific rides or areas of the park?

How frequently do you attend theme parks? What factors contribute to this?

What modes(s) of transport do you use to travel to a theme park? Is there sufficient infrastructure for this? (car parking facilities, train station near by etc)

What issues, if any, are there in accessing the rides? (harnesses, seating layout etc)

What do you feel could be done to improve the overall theme park experience?

What is the best theme park ride you have been on and why?
[/b]
Very Happy Very Happy
SparklinDiamond

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

What factors do you consider when choosing which theme park you are going to go to? The theme of the park and how far away it is.

What draws you to a specific ride? I like the dark themed rides, so I guess those.

Do you find it easy to navigate around theme parks? are there sufficient tools or facilities for you to do this? Yes and detailed maps and signposts

Do you find it easy to move from ride to ride? (consider baggage, personal items as well as navigation, layout etc), how could this improved? Yeah, I suppose some sort of trolley system could help with baggage.

How do you feel waiting for rides could be improved? If you have ever been to Epcot and waited for Soarin', you will have seen those cool games that get you involved on a huge interactive wall. Those are totally the best thing to keep you occupied.

What is the best theme park you have been to? why? Disney World...no question about it. It is just so imaginative and everything is so themed out!

Do you feel it is important to establish a running theme throughout the park or just for specific rides or areas of the park? 100%

How frequently do you attend theme parks? Not very frequently. What factors contribute to this? Access, there are none near me and of course weather.

What modes(s) of transport do you use to travel to a theme park? Aeroplane mostly. Is there sufficient infrastructure for this? (car parking facilities, train station near by etc) Yeah I suppose so.

What issues, if any, are there in accessing the rides? (harnesses, seating layout etc) I haven't really found any myself, but for wheelchair users there may be some issues.

What do you feel could be done to improve the overall theme park experience? More unique experiences to make people want to visit your theme park. Interactive things in queues, surprises, brilliant restaurants, cool gift shops and friendly staff.

What is the best theme park ride you have been on and why? Hmmm... probably the Haunted Mansion, it is so mystical, yet creative. It has everything I love in a theme park ride, darkness, uniqueness (if that's a word lol!), audio animatronics, a good soundtrack and a cool ride vehicle.

Hope this helps you and good luck Very Happy
itecthemepark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Attractions Reply with quote

I was actually looking to apply to that school. How do you like it? And I think something such a the batman ride in Denver would be pretty cool to design. Just an idea.

Steve,
http://www.lovelydenver.com/denver-nightlife
latin4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you feel waiting for rides could be improved?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Post a project - post a resume All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: