Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Writing at Company creative vs. the parks themselves

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wokcreative

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Writing at Company creative vs. the parks themselves Reply with quote

I was wondering how the writing of shows works - at the overall company creative department (Imagineering - Disney Creative, Universal Creative...) versus the creative departments at the individual theme parks. Who decides what will be done and is in control of making it happen (producing it - writing, tech,...)? Also, in general, who decides about attractions going into an individual park - the parks themselves or the overall bigger company creative?
With writing specifically - are there writers at the individual parks (even performers in entertainment that write their own material)?
And how well do they work together (maybe a loaded question)?
Loric

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one of the more baffling bits of the whole process. at least to me. I can actually write pretty darn well and relatively effortlessly, but i went into learning scenic design because I have not - in 9 years - figured out the how/why/what of scoring a writing position in theme parks.

Love to know what the answer is Smile
DancinBelle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what the position is, but I do know about placing rides. Rides come into production three ways (at least for Disney): The main company asks for a ride, like for sponsorship, the park can request a ride, and some rides Imagineering develops entirely on their own. There's also a subdivision of Imagineering that handles just live shows and entertainment (fireworks, parade, Pirate&Princess party, etc)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: