Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Jason De Boer - 27 - San Jose, CA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Our Guest Book
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Jason De Boer - 27 - San Jose, CA Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

What a great site! I have been going through all of themedattraction.com's resources for about a week (while "working" at work), and it is remarkable. Like many of you, I have also been scouring the internet for information on getting in to the themed attractions business. I am currently a senior in our electrical engineering program (SJSU), which I switched to with the hopes of eventually scoring an Imagineering position. I continue to be inspired by several aspects of Walt Disney's life and philosophies, and would love to be a part of the culture, if only briefly. I must admit that I wish I got in 50 years ago, when they were truly innovating. I think I am just nostalgic like that.

I have some interesting ideas for my own themed environment attractions that I think are quite different from the current mindset in the industry. I am trying to develope some of these through art and notes to flesh out a portfolio for myself, as advised on this site. If anyone is interested in speaking to me further about them, and maybe collaborating a little, that would be fun.

I am also into special effects, and have done prosthetics make-up design and built some show pieces for a local charity haunted house. I never felt like I was visually artistic, but as I force myself to draw and sculpt more, I can see notable improvment.

I will finish school next Christmas, and I plan to move to SoCal to get close to the biz (movies and parks). My wife wants to be an animator, and has put off completing school until I finish so she can concentrate on our young daughter. She would love to finish up at CalArts.

Anyway, give me a reply if you are interested in getting together, or just want to say "Hey."

- Vikinglad
robin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the forum

i hope you will enjoy yourself.
Holly
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, Jason. It sounds like you have a lot of dedication! I hope that you find a path into the industry Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Our Guest Book All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: