Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Gardens...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sfan00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Gardens... Reply with quote

This isn't exactly an 'attraction' post as such,
but one of the hidden gems at Alton Towers was the Gardens, which I found once by accident. Smile

I know there are a LOT of people that go for the big wow technical spectacular rides, but perhaps there is a marketplace for the smalller,
gardens and gentler rides...

So what are people's views on something that's a pleasure garden LBE that's nominally based on a Japanese-esque pleasure garden.. but which has a couple of other themed elements...

Would you have rides?
What would you have in the gift shop?
loveking

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, Laughing
Tedward

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Gardens... Reply with quote

[quote="Sfan00"]...a Japanese-esque pleasure garden.. but which has a couple of other themed elements...

Would you have rides?
What would you have in the gift shop?[/quote]

I would not want fast or noisy rides and certainly some areas should be left undisturbed for those who like quiet gardens. If the garden is big enough maybe a slow boat ride for couples (like a tunnel of love). A classic ferris wheel would allow for views of the garden and fun for young kids as well as adults.

A gift shop should have wonderfully kitsch-y souvenirs and grow your own miniature garden (bonsai) supplies. I'm a big LEGO fan so custom sets recreating a feature or element of the garden like a gate or temple would be a sure seller.
XenoKid237

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could have a few animal animatronics in the boat ride.
Alex

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A boat ride would be nice, and the animals sound like a good addition. If you want a quiet environment, then I guess there shouldn't be anything scream-inducing. Maybe there could even be a section where it goes into a mountain, and there could be some gentle drops for excitement. Japanese flora of course is necessary, as well as pagodas and fountains. Possibly a small museum about Japanese culture could be implemented (although that would interest only a few people). If you weren't taking the pleasure garden angle and were going for more of a thrill park, then you could create a coaster based of samurai legends and that sort of thing - but that doesn't seem to be what you're getting at.

I like the idea of a ferris wheel. Also, maybe a chairlift or some sort of elevated ride could provide a better vantage point for viewing the greenery.

As for the gift shop, I like Tedward's idea about the bonsais. Maybe they could sell paintings and photo albums of Japan, to educate visitors more about the land the garden is based on. And a restaurant with Japanese food sounds lovely. Very Happy

I also like the idea of a quiet courtyard, for relaxation. I also remember once seeing a group preparing for a wedding in a Japanese-style garden and I thought that was very sweet.

But...that's just what I think. Yay for my first (excessively long) post. Smile
Sfan00

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="XenoKid237"]You could have a few animal animatronics in the boat ride.[/quote]

I was thinking more along the lines of letting there be some natural animals, but with appropriate protections Smile
jash08

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]A boat ride would be nice, and the animals sound like a good addition. If you want a quiet environment, then I guess there shouldn't be anything scream-inducing. Maybe there could even be a section where it goes into a mountain, and there could be some gentle drops for excitement. Japanese flora of course is necessary, as well as pagodas and fountains. Possibly a small museum about Japanese culture could be implemented (although that would interest only a few people). If you weren't taking the pleasure garden angle and were going for more of a thrill park, then you could create a coaster based of samurai legends and that sort of thing - but that doesn't seem to be what you're getting at.

I like the idea of a ferris wheel. Also, maybe a chairlift or some sort of elevated ride could provide a better vantage point for viewing the greenery.

As for the gift shop, I like Tedward's idea about the bonsais. Maybe they could sell paintings and photo albums of Japan, to educate visitors more about the land the garden is based on. And a restaurant with Japanese food sounds lovely. Very Happy

I also like the idea of a quiet courtyard, for relaxation. I also remember once seeing a group preparing for a wedding in a Japanese-style garden and I thought that was very sweet.

But...that's just what I think. Yay for my first (excessively long) post. Smile[/quote]

I agree sounds perfect!!.... Very Happy

http://theartofcoverthypnosis.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: