Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Concept: Hanger 19

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sfan00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Concept: Hanger 19 Reply with quote

In a book on UFO's I found reference to an alleged plan by the US government to slowly reveal much more about UFO's and stuff by
having a sort of travelling carnival...

This inspired me to come up with my own concept, but couldn't come up with a good way of describing it.

Does anyone here have any thoughts on how avation museums attractions currently attract people in the US?
Sfan00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Concept: Hanger 19 Reply with quote

[quote="Sfan00"]In a book on UFO's I found reference to an alleged plan by the US government to slowly reveal much more about UFO's and stuff by
having a sort of travelling carnival...

This inspired me to come up with my own concept, but couldn't come up with a good way of describing it.

Does anyone here have any thoughts on how avation museums attractions currently attract people in the US?[/quote]

OK To follow up my own post,
Hanger 19 is based around the idea that a group of friendly extra-terrestrial alien showman have arrived to 'sell' thier civilisation and
cultural exports to Planet Earth.. "E.T Barnum has landed." Smile ...
Tedward

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the "E.T. Barnum" concept. A lot retro-lithograph style artwork with aliens instead of humans. Could be effective and entertaining.

A circus freak show seems a good way to play with people's expectations. I could see that as a "realistic" way for the aliens to introduce themselves.
Sfan00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Tedward"]I like the "E.T. Barnum" concept. A lot retro-lithograph style artwork with aliens instead of humans. Could be effective and entertaining.

A circus freak show seems a good way to play with people's expectations. I could see that as a "realistic" way for the aliens to introduce themselves.[/quote]

In the UK there an act called the 'Cricus of Horrors' that does various tricks,
Is that sort of what you had in mind?
wokcreative

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the ET Barnum thought, too. That's the good basis for the start of a backstory, and great theming.
Sfan00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="wokcreative"]I like the ET Barnum thought, too. That's the good basis for the start of a backstory, and great theming.[/quote]

Given the background, It would also let the show designers use some of the better known 'freak show' techniques, to give the appearance of alien tech with Earth Based science. Smile
Sugar70

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the UK there an act called the 'Cricus of Horrors' that does various tricks,

http://theartofcoverthypnosis.com/
Sfan00

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sugar70"]In the UK there an act called the 'Cricus of Horrors' that does various tricks,

http://theartofcoverthypnosis.com/[/quote]

That might be a bit extreme for what I had in mind, but is thinking along the right lines Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: