Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Starting at the very beginning.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaketimus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Starting at the very beginning. Reply with quote

I'm a high school student. I have a dream of becoming a theme park attraction designer. I want to be involved with initial idea development and design layouts for attractions. I want to be the guy that comes up with an idea and sees it through to the end. I want to get as much of a head start as i can. I was wondering what my college goals should be and maybe some good schools to consider and if there are any programs i could participate in now. My all time dream would be to work for Universal Studios. Ive been going there since i was a baby and it has always held a special place in my heart. Any help or experience shared would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time! :)
DT6011

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unusual wish.. this is my first time to read something like this. Well, anyways. goodluck to your choice career.. visiting some themes park and interviewing someone there would be a great help..
just-inverted

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i recommend on buying and watching theme park documentaries, or researching on the internet.
HHN93

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Starting at the very beginning. Reply with quote

[quote="jaketimus"]I'm a high school student. I have a dream of becoming a theme park attraction designer. I want to be involved with initial idea development and design layouts for attractions. I want to be the guy that comes up with an idea and sees it through to the end. I want to get as much of a head start as i can. I was wondering what my college goals should be and maybe some good schools to consider and if there are any programs i could participate in now. My all time dream would be to work for Universal Studios. Ive been going there since i was a baby and it has always held a special place in my heart. Any help or experience shared would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time! Smile[/quote]
that is exactly what I want to do. Are you talking about becoming a creative director?
jaketimus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes. thats exactly what i want. im just trying to figure out how to get going and what i need to do.
HHN93

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you talking about Orlando or Hollywood? I personally want to be the CD of Universal Studios Hollywood
jaketimus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would prefer Orlando.
HHN93

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well creative director is a position that you are promoted to, you need to work your way up
jaketimus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i understand that. i was just wondering if universal offered any internships or opportunities that you are aware of?
rcj3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just search around the forum. This is a topic I have seen before many times. So you will find lots of info on the subject. One thing is to check into the intern programs and depending on where you are in High School I want to say I remember in one of the threads having info on something at Disney for the group.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you should contact Universal Creative directly. You can find their contact information on www.themeit.com. They offer internships from time to time and at very least you could ask for a tour or a job shadow.

Nate
jaketimus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help Nate! a rep from Universal Creative has already contacted me thanks to that site!
Holly
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Internship Reply with quote

Thanks, Nate. Good info. I didn't know that they had a website Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Imagination Forum - Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: